Peeping Tom Seeks Fall Highweight Success
Peeping Tom, who was also being considered for Saturday's CigarMile Handicap (gr. I), enters off an allowance win at Meadowlands Nov. 1. The son of Eagle Eyed has won three of 12 starts with four seconds and three thirds this year to push his career earnings to $1,242,137.
After failing to hit the board in two grade I tries this year, Barry Schwartz's Papua will try again for his first career graded stakes win while carrying 132 pounds in the six-furlong Fall Highweight. The 4-year-old son of Louis Quatorze has won eight of 19 career starts, including the Hollie Hughes Handicap at Aqueduct in March. He enters off a six-furlong allowance win at Aqueduct Nov. 7.
Trainer Michael Hushion indicated the weight should not be a problem for Papua.
"He's a very muscular, strong horse," Hushion said. "He's not light or frail, so I'm comfortable with him carrying that weight."
Lorraine and Rod Rodriguez's Bossanova will be contesting his first grade I under 128 pounds for trainer H. James Bond. He won the Mike Lee Stakes at Belmont Park earlier this year and enters offa six-furlong Aqueduct allowance win Nov. 8.
PP., HORSE, TRAINER, JOCKEY, WGT.
1. Peeping Tom, Patrick Reynolds, Shaun Bridgmohan, 138
2. Bossanova, H. James Bond, Edgar Prado, 128
3. Papua, Mike Hushion, Richard Migliore, 132
4. Sam Lord'sCastle, Tony Reinstedler, Aaron Gryder, 132
5. Vodka, John Hertler, Jose Santos, 128
6. Savoy Special, Todd Pletcher, John Velazquez, 127
7. Speed Hunter, Richard Dutrow Jr., Javier Castellano, 130