Soccer

Holloway says he received 2-match misconduct ban

Share This Story

   
 

LONDON (AP)

Crystal Palace manager Ian Holloway says he has received a two-match touchline ban from the English Football Association after confronting the match officials following his team's Premier League opener.

Holloway was unhappy that a penalty was awarded against his newly-promoted side earlier this month, allowing Roberto Soldado to give Tottenham a 1-0 win from the spot.

Holloway also remonstrated with referee Mark Clattenburg after the match in behavior the FA said amounted to ''improper conduct.''

The FA also said that Holloway questioned the integrity of the referee and match officials with his post-match media comments.

Holloway disclosed on Sky Sports television on Saturday that he had been banned for two matches for misconduct and received a fine that ''cost more than my daughter's wedding.''

The FA has not disclosed Holloway's punishment because he still has the right to appeal.

Member Comments

Please note by clicking on "Post comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Use and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be Polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator.

powered by