Juventus aims to lock down Paul Pogba
Juventus director general Beppe Marotta has revealed the club will offer Paul Pogba a contract extension and pay rise in order to secure the Frenchman's services.
The 20-year-old has been linked with a move away from Turin after club president Andrea Agnelli admitted it could be difficult to keep hold of the midfielder.
France international Pogba helped Juventus clinch the Serie A title earlier this year, including a stunning 40-yard strike against Udinese, and Marotta is eager to tie down the playmaker.
"Pogba is happy at Juventus and he has no intention of leaving," Marotta told Sky Sport Italia.
"We will soon meet with the Frenchman's agents to extend our agreement and, at the same time, give him a pay rise for the growth he has shown."
Pogba, who is in his second season at the Juventus Stadium, is currently under contract until 2016.
"If a huge offer arrived for Pogba then I don't think, right now, we would be strong enough to resist it," Agnelli told reporters earlier this month.
"If I was to judge it from a footballers' point of view, Italy is no longer the final destination but a transit destination."
Meanwhile, Juventus had cause for celebration on Tuesday as Andrea Pirlo and Antonio Conte were announced on the Ballon d'Or shortlist for Player and Coach of the Year respectively.
"We are proud," Marotta added. "We re-launched Pirlo and that fills us with joy.
"As for Antonio, he is a young Coach, an emerging one and the fact he is included is a motivation for all of us."