Serie A matches postponed after tragedy
More Piermario Morosini
- Livorno midfielder Morosini dies
- Fans, players pay tribute
- Policeman suspended over delay
- Balotelli upset by death
- Thousands gather to pay tribute
- Sports minister wants more tests
- Morosini: In life images
- Italian matches postponed
- Trecker: Untimely death raises serious questions
- Autopsy proves inconclusive
- Di Natale considering retirement
The Italian football federation has called off all league games this weekend after the death of Livorno midfielder Piermario Morosini.
The league announced the decision on its website Saturday, shortly before AC Milan was due to kick off against Genoa at 6 p.m. local time.
The 25-year-old Morosini died about an hour earlier after suffering cardiac arrest during his team's Serie B match at Pescara.
Edoardo De Blasio, a cardiologist at Pescara's Santo Spirito hospital said the player was already dead when he arrived at the hospital.
Morosini, who was on loan from Udinese, fell to the ground in the 31st minute of the match and received urgent medical attention on the pitch.