Ipswich makes bid for Gers star Edu
- Oldco Rangers fined; keeps titles
- Papac retires on health grounds
- Gers held by plucky Berwick
- USA midfielder Edu joins Stoke
- Bedoya signs for Helsingborgs
- Rangers complete double deal
- Move to fourth tier approved
- Davis moves to Southampton
- Rangers accept transfer ban
- Dundee to replace Rangers
- Rangers placed in Third Division
Rangers manager Ally McCoist has confirmed Championship club Ipswich have tabled an offer for Maurice Edu.
The American midfielder has not featured so far this season after indicating he wants to quit the Ibrox club.
McCoist has called for a quick resolution to the situation as a question mark continues to hang over Edu's future.
He said: "There is nothing at the moment. As far as I know, there has been an offer on the table from Ipswich which, as yet, he hasn't accepted.
"He trained this morning. I'm just hopeful something can be resolved sooner rather than later."
A number of first-team regulars have already left Rangers after the club was consigned to liquidation in the summer.
McCoist is trying to bolster his squad before a 12-month transfer embargo comes into effect on September 1.
He has a number of trialists training with the club, including Sebastien Faure, Francesco Stella, Anestis Argiriou and Francesco Celeste.
McCoist is hopeful of some signing news later in the week, saying: "We've got a couple of meetings today.
"The trialists have been showing up well actually.
"I'm trying to organise another practice game for them in the middle of the week.
"Hopefully, in the next two or three days we will have more news with one or two signings."