Scottish Premier League

Pledge to keep Hearts beating

Share This Story

   
 

Wed, 12 Jun 2013 12:08:00

Chelsea youngster Lucas Piazon has hinted that he would welcome a loan move to another Premier League side next season.

The 19-year-old Brazilian spent last season on-loan at Malaga in La Liga and admits that his first-team opportunities may still be limited at Chelsea.

A temporary move to another English club is an option he is willing to consider.

"It's hard to say how often I will play or if I will play at all," he told ESPN Brazil.

"We have to wait and see if any Premier League clubs will be interested in me."

Piazon also welcomed new boss Jose Mourinho to Stamford Bridge and is relishing linking-up with the Portuguese tactician.

"I am excited, everything will change," he added.

"It will be very good to work with someone like Mourinho."

Reports had suggested Palace were interested in the 22-year-old Guinea-Bissau-born former Portugal youth international, who arrived in Glasgow on Monday ahead of talks over a proposed move to Celtic.

But regarding Balde, Parish, quoted by the Croydon Advertiser, said: "We haven't made an offer.

"It is a total fabrication and we have never heard of him or spoken to his representatives."

The company - formerly controlled by Jambos owner Vladimir Romanov - is set to go bust following the decision by judges in Kaunas at the Court of Appeal of Lithuania.

Hearts owe the bank around ?15million, leading to fears that club assets such as Tynecastle could be sold off to repay the debt.

But Gintaras Adomonis of accountancy firm UAB Valnetas has today insisted he intends to keep Hearts running as a going concern before selling it on.

In a statement to Press Association Sport, he said: "Ukio Bankas has now to deal with lots of debts and return the funds to its creditors.

"In the ongoing processes we must at all times consider the best interest of the creditors of Ukio Bankas.

"Hearts of Midlothian Plc is one of the companies indebted to the bank. There are several possible alternatives to dealing with this case but our initial assessment indicates that most likely the most extensive return for Ukio Bankas creditors may be achieved by keeping the club operating.

"For now we have no reason or desire to harm Hearts so our primary initiative, having solved the regulatory and other issues, is contemplated to be the sale of Hearts."

Ukio Bankas holds 29.9 per cent of club shares, with UBIG, the investment group in which Romanov still has a controlling interest, owning 50 per cent.

Adomonis' statement will come as a welcome boost to the troubled Edinburgh club, which still has the threat of a winding-up order hanging over its head after Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs threatened action over an unpaid ?100,000 tax bill.

The tax concerns are the latest in a long line of financial sagas to have hit the club and left supporters fearing the worst.

The Gorgie side were only able to stave off a separate winding-up order launched by the taxman last December over a ?450,000 tax bill thanks to the generosity of their fans.

Hearts chiefs bosses, meanwhile, were also forced to agree a repayment plan for a separate tax bill of more than ?1.5million following a dispute over loan deals for players from FBK Kaunas.

The picture is not helped by the increasingly complex issue surrounding the state of the club's owners.

Hearts owe ?25million in debt, ?10million of which is due to their parent company UBIG - who have claimed insolvency - as well as the ?15million due to Ukio Bankas.

The Scottish Premier League, however, ruled last month they were not satisfied UBIG had suffered an "insolvency event" during the season just gone, saving Hearts from a potential points deduction.

Member Comments

Please note by clicking on "Post comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Use and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be Polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator.

powered by

SOCCER Headlines

More than Sports on MSN