Flood agrees Aberdeen switch
Fri, 31 May 2013 17:12:00
Nottingham Forest have offered striker Marcus Tudgay a new one-year contract.
Tudgay's existing deal is due to expire next month, when he could leave the City Ground on a free transfer.
The 30-year-old's agent, Darryl Powell, has confirmed that his player is considering Forest's offer.
"Forest have offered Marcus a new one-year deal and he is weighing up all his options," Powell told Sky Sports News.
"Marcus loves it at Forest and playing under Billy Davies, even though he would have liked a bit more security with a longer-term contract offer."
Tudgay enjoyed a successful two-month loan spell at Forest's Championship rivals Barnsley last season, scoring three goals in nine appearances before returning to the City Ground and featuring in two games at the back end of the campaign.
A report by CNN has accused the club of using two unlicensed agents, Daniel Villagran and Oscar Bianco, during the course of completing the transfer.
Villagran and Bianco claim they have not been paid for their alleged part in the deal that saw Yacob move to The Hawthorns on a free transfer from Racing Club in July 2012.
A breach of the rules governing unlicensed agents can be punished through fines or even points deductions, but West Brom insist they have done nothing wrong.
A club statement said: "As with all of our transfer dealings, the negotiation process regarding the signing of Claudio Yacob complied fully with all FIFA and FA rules and regulations.
"All negotiations were conducted and concluded directly with a FIFA-registered agent."
The CNN report claims Villagran and Bianco had been in England with Yacob for talks over the move, and also flew to Naples with the player to arrange an Italian passport, meaning he would not need a work permit to play in England. But it asserts another licensed agent, Xabier de Beristain Humphrey, was named on official documentation.
The report also claims the pair's laywer, Ariel Reck, sent a letter to the Football Association in November 2012, asking it to look at the alleged involvement of unlicensed agents.
The FA refused to confirm or deny whether it was investigating the deal when contacted on Friday.
The 28-year-old will formally join the Dons when his current Tannadice deal expires.
The news was welcomed by new boss Derek McInnes, who expects the Irishman to have a big part to play next season.
He told the club's website: "I've always been a great admirer of Willo and he's a player I am looking to make a real impact for Aberdeen next season.
"With his extensive SPL experience, he was voted player of the year for Dundee United last season, which speaks volumes about his ability.
"We are delighted to have him on board as we look towards building a squad capable of bringing success back to the club."