Rooney home besieged by angry fans
An angry mob in front of Wayne Rooney's home has threatened his life if he leaves Manchester United, according to The Telegraph in England.
- Tottenham swoops for Scott Parker
- Gunners boosts defense with Santos signing
- Reds star Joe Cole joins Lille on loan
- Holland winger Elia snapped up by Juventus
- City signs Arsenal midfielder Nasri
- Blackburn makes bid for Schalke ace Raul
- Ayala joins Norwich from Liverpool
- Fabregas signs five-year Barcelona deal
- Liverpool signs Toon defender Enrique
- Lamela leaves River Plate for Roma
- Lukaku on his way to Chelsea
- Zhirkov leaves Blues for Russia return
Cheshire police were called to his mansion during the night as the crowd outside screamed out chants including, 'Join Man[chester] City and you die.'
Rooney has stated this week his desire to leave the Red Devils after the club's failure to attract more top-level talent to Old Trafford.
Around 30 irate Manchester United fans, some donning balaclavas and Eric Cantona masks, gathered in front of his home before being dispersed by police.
Eight officers arrived on the scene to clear the disturbance, and apparently no arrests were made.
Meetings were held earlier in the day between the club and Rooney's representatives, but no resolution was reached before Manchester United issued a statement pleading for fans to 'be patient.'
Apparently, the message was not well received based on the evening's events.