Kinnear resigns from Newcastle post
NEWCASTLE, England (AP)
WINTER TRANSFER MOVES
- Hernanes makes switch to Inter Milan
- Berbatov joins Ligue 1 hopefuls Monaco
- Mata completes United move | Analysis
- Arsenal reaches deal for Kallstrom
- Chelsea signs Zouma from St. Etienne
- Essien moves to AC Milan from Chelsea
- Fulham signs Mitroglou, Holtby | Heitinga
- Dortmund inks Serbian midfielder Jojic
- Bradley back in MLS, signs with Toronto
- Spurs' Defoe joins Toronto FC | Video
- Juventus come to terms with Osvaldo
- Deadline Day Blog | Paper Chase | Recap
Newcastle says Joe Kinnear has resigned from his position as the club's director of football.
Kinnear took over the role in June last year and was in charge of player recruitment at the Premier League team.
However, in the January transfer window, Newcastle sold its best player - Yohan Cabaye - to Paris Saint-Germain and failed to replace him. The club's only signing was striker Luuk de Jong, who joined on loan from German side Borussia Moenchengladbach.
Newcastle says in a short statement that Kinnear has quit ''with immediate effect.''