Julio Cesar excited to join QPR
More Summer Transfers
- Modric makes Real Madrid move
- Van Persie joins Man United
- Song signs for Barcelona
- Allen finally joins Liverpool
- Azpilicueta seals Chelsea move
- Cazorla ties up Arsenal switch
- Hazard seals Chelsea move
- PSG wraps up Lavezzi deal
- Owen signs for Stoke City
- Alba leaves Valencia for Barca
- Vertonghen joins Tottenham
- Thiago Silva moves to PSG
- Money not behind Drogba move
- Internacional snaps up Forlan
- Kagawa signs for United
- Bayern captures Mandzukic
- Lucio makes Juventus switch
- Giroud joins Arsenal | Podolski
- PSG seals Ibrahimovic deal
- Red Bulls sign Everton's Cahill
- Oscar completes move to Chelsea
- Lucas Moura agrees to join PSG
The vastly-experienced goalkeeper is close to completing a switch from Inter Milan after holding transfer talks at Loftus Road on Tuesday.
The Brazil international admits the opportunity to move to England has come out of the blue, with a deal having been pieced together in a short space of time.
The 32-year-old hopes he will be given the opportunity to bid a fond farewell to the Inter supporters before heading through the exits, but believes the agreement put in place with QPR will prove beneficial to all concerned.
"It all started during my summer vacation, when Inter suggested that I reduce my salary.
"No player in my situation would have done that - I am not a hypocrite and I can talk openly about this.
"It became a tough situation for both parties. I then spoke to my representative and I thought this was a good choice."
Cesar added: "I'll terminate my contract with Inter Milan and thank the president Massimo Moratti for the seven wonderful years we have had together.
"I'll ask him to let me go on the pitch before the match between Inter and Roma so I can give a collective hug to all the fans.
"That would be a nice gesture and I don't think the president will deny me that."