Ayala joins Norwich from Liverpool
Norwich has signed defender Daniel Ayala from Liverpool on a four-year deal for an undisclosed fee.
- Tottenham swoops for Scott Parker
- Gunners boosts defense with Santos signing
- Reds star Joe Cole joins Lille on loan
- Holland winger Elia snapped up by Juventus
- City signs Arsenal midfielder Nasri
- Blackburn makes bid for Schalke ace Raul
- Ayala joins Norwich from Liverpool
- Fabregas signs five-year Barcelona deal
- Liverpool signs Toon defender Enrique
- Lamela leaves River Plate for Roma
- Lukaku on his way to Chelsea
- Zhirkov leaves Blues for Russia return
The 20-year-old Spaniard becomes Paul Lambert's eighth summer addition as he looks to bolster a squad which secured successive promotions from npower League One to the Barclays Premier League.
Ayala joined Liverpool from Sevilla in 2007, but found his first-team opportunities limited at Anfield, and last season spent loan spells in the Championship at both Hull and Derby.
Lambert feels Ayala will add some much-needed depth for the challenges ahead.
Speaking last week to BBC Radio Norfolk, he said: "I just think you've got to have a lot of cover throughout the coming games and a long hard season.
"He's a young player and obviously played against us for Hull and Derby and I thought he was strong and aerial as well, he was somebody we thought could benefit the football club.''