Premier League

Eto'o, Ba dismiss Mourinho comments

Chelsea strikers Samuel Eto'o and Demba Ba have no problem with Jose Mourinho.
Share This Story

   
 

Chelsea duo Samuel Eto'o and Demba Ba have both shrugged off Jose Mourinho's recent comments about his lack of strikers.

Blues manager Mourinho's supposed 'secret' comments came to light earlier this week when he was caught on camera saying: "I have a team but no striker. It is not possible for us to win the Premier League."

Mourinho also joked that 32-year-old Eto'o could be as old as 35, with other reports later emerging which claimed the Cameroon international may even be 39.

Eto'o was a late substitute for Spanish forward Fernando Torres in the 1-1 Champions League draw at Galatasaray on Wednesday, while Senegal striker Ba was an unused substitute in Turkey.

Both players insisted after the game that there were no issues with Mourinho over his comments.

Eto'o told Sky Sports News: "I am Samuel Eto'o, what can I say? If at 36 and 37 I can score three goals at Manchester United (Eto'o scored a hat-trick in the 3-1 win over Manchester United) it means that I still have some juice and I can even score until I am 50.

"But I really don't care, what is really important to me is to give my maximum to the team, to help them to win some titles."

Ba said: "I am feeling good. The relationship is OK - there is nothing exciting to tell you. I just keep smiling, keep fighting, keep training well and things will come.

"That's probably the way he (Mourinho) thinks; I have my way to think as well and - nothing special - I don't have an issue with anyone."

Member Comments

Please note by clicking on "Post comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Use and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be Polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator.

powered by

More than Sports on MSN