Rodgers: Suarez one of world's best
MORE LUIS SUAREZ
- Suarez 'scared' of missing World Cup
- Long-term contract for Suarez
- Suarez: I'm much calmer person
- Gerrard reveals Suarez exit fears
- Name booed at PFA awards ceremony
- Suarez decides against appeal
- FA hands Suarez 10-match ban
- Suarez accepts violent conduct charge
- Reds forward bites Ivanovic | Video
- Uruguay striker punches defender?
- Suarez admits to diving | Boss hits out
- Suarez handed eight-match ban
Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers believes Luis Suarez deserves to be mentioned alongside Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo as one of the best players in the world.
Suarez continued his rich vein of form with two more goals in Saturday's 3-1 win over Cardiff City, to take his tally for the season to 19 goals in just 12 games.
The Uruguayan is the early frontrunner for the Player of the Year with his stellar performances up to now and Rodgers believes he is among the top three best players in the world.
"I just think his profile suits us. He's a total performer," said Rodgers. "You can put him in that Messi and Ronaldo bracket of world class.
"In the past one or two of his off-field antics have detracted from his performance level but you are seeing a different man now.
"You are seeing a maturity. You are seeing a man who is happy and is confident and is at total peace with everything in his life.
"He's in that bracket and when you're scoring goals at the rate in the most competitive league in the world then you have to put him up there."
Rodgers also believes Suarez is capable of smashing the Premier League record of 34 goals in a season if he continues his hot streak in front of goal.
Andy Cole and Alan Shearer have won the golden boot in the past with 34 goals, but Rodgers feels that tally is within Suarez's reach.
"He looks like he can score a hat-trick in every game," added Rodgers.
"He can do it (beat Shearer and Cole's record). He's of that quality. He'll push it close I'm sure."