Blackburn signs Bordeaux striker on loan
Bordeaux striker Anthony Modeste has joined Blackburn on loan until the end of the season.
- Luca Toni leaves Juve for Al Nasr
- Inter inks Internacional's Juan
- Ream finally seals Bolton move
- Onuoha joins QPR revolution
- Amauri leaves Juve for Fiorentina
- Cahill finally completes Chelsea move
- Gibson leaves United for Everton
- Trezeguet signs for River Plate
- Robbie Keane seals Villa loan move
- Maxwell signs for PSG from Barcelona
- Borriello moving from Roma to Juve
- Man Utd striker joins QPR on loan
- Germany winger Reus to join Dortmund
- Henry completes loan return to Arsenal
Bordeaux announced on its website that the loan deal for Modeste does not include an option to buy him.
The 23-year-old Modeste has scored 13 league goals in 52 games for Bordeaux. He scored three goals in 15 games this season, but only started four of those.
''I put my faith in him at the start of the season, he wasn't able to take his chance,'' Bordeaux coach Francis Gillot said Thursday. ''It could be a good experience for him, he could come back a stronger player.''
Blackburn is fighting to avoid relegation in the English Premier League, and is without top scorer Ayegbeni Yakubu for three games after he was shown a straight red card last weekend.