Premier League

Man United has given up on Fabregas

Cesc Fabregas
Barcelona's sporting director says Man United has given up on their bid to sign Cesc Fabregas...
Share This Story

   
 

CRASH COURSE

Catch all the movers and shakers from this summer's transfer window.

Barcelona sporting director Andoni Zubizarreta claims Manchester United has accepted defeat in their attempts to sign Cesc Fabregas.

United has already had two bids for Fabregas rejected with Barcelona consistently insisting the Spain international was not for sale.

A possible third United bid for Fabregas, 26, had been mooted but comments from Zubizarreta on Sunday suggest the Premier League champions have now decided to end their pursuit of the former Arsenal captain.

Zubizarreta was quoted as saying by Spanish newspaper Sport: "Manchester United are interested in the player, but it's also true that they understand our position of not wanting to sell. They have renounced his signing. We aren't going to sell him."

Zubizarreta, speaking in Israel where the Catalan giants are currently on tour, was also quoted as saying by Barcelona's official website: "He has a contract with us. We count on Cesc. I said that on the day of the presentation of Tito (Vilanova) and also with Tata (new coach Gerardo Martino): He's an extraordinary player who creates and finishes chances. We are delighted with him. He's the number four of Barca."

Member Comments

Please note by clicking on "Post comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Use and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be Polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator.

powered by

More than Sports on MSN