Ferguson confirms Lucas Moura talks
More Summer Transfers
- Modric makes Real Madrid move
- Van Persie joins Man United
- Song signs for Barcelona
- Allen finally joins Liverpool
- Azpilicueta seals Chelsea move
- Cazorla ties up Arsenal switch
- Hazard seals Chelsea move
- PSG wraps up Lavezzi deal
- Owen signs for Stoke City
- Alba leaves Valencia for Barca
- Vertonghen joins Tottenham
- Thiago Silva moves to PSG
- Money not behind Drogba move
- Internacional snaps up Forlan
- Kagawa signs for United
- Bayern captures Mandzukic
- Lucio makes Juventus switch
- Giroud joins Arsenal | Podolski
- PSG seals Ibrahimovic deal
- Red Bulls sign Everton's Cahill
- Oscar completes move to Chelsea
- Lucas Moura agrees to join PSG
Sir Alex Ferguson has confirmed that Manchester United are in talks to sign Brazil international Lucas Moura from Sao Paulo.
The likes of Real Madrid and Inter Milan have been linked with the 19-year-old midfielder, but United have moved into pole position in recent weeks.
Reports have claimed a deal worth around £26million had been agreed, but Ferguson insists this is not the case.
But for the first time he has confirmed he wants to sign the youngster, who has 11 caps for Brazil to his name.
"We haven't reached an agreement," said Ferguson from China, where United are on the latest leg of their pre-season tour.
"We've shown interest. Until such time we reach an agreement we can't say he's ours."
Lucas is currently in England with the Brazil Olympic squad, and played the final 22 minutes of Friday night's 2-0 win over Team GB at the Riverside Stadium as a replacement for Chelsea-bound Oscar.
Ferguson admitted the teenager is one of a series of potential targets this summer, and insisted that efforts to strengthen his United team are ongoing.
He said: "We've signed two players in the summer: [Shinji] Kagawa and [Nick] Powell. We think they both have fantastic potential.
"At this moment, we're looking at other options in terms of bringing other players in.
"We're not lying on our backsides doing nothing. We're trying hard to bring other players to the club."