Wolves suffer Zubar injury blow
Share This Story
05/10/2010 13:16 +0100The influential Frenchman has not featured since August and will now not play until November. Wolves boss Mick McCarthy confirmed that Zubar had gone under the knife in his native France. "He went out to see the surgeon in France that he's used before with the club doctor Matt Perry and it was decided that was the best course of action," he said in the Birmingham Mail. "He could have had an injection but the problem would have probably come back. He's having it done some time this week. It's the best time to get it done because we've got two weeks without a game. "We've missed him and it's a blow because he's played very well and he's a good player. It's been frustrating for him because he twisted his ankle in the first friendly and it's been one thing after another. "Having said that, Kevin Foley has played excellently for us and I thought he was different class on Saturday. "We've missed a few players. We haven't had Steven Mouyokolo, Stephen Hunt - although we knew about that - Steven Fletcher has come back from injury and Jelle van Damme has only played bit parts so far. It will be better when we get them all back fully fit." McCarthy also confirmed that they would not be rushing Stephen Hunt back into action, despite the fact he is yet to make his Wolves debut. "I think we've all run away with that one a bit," said McCarthy. "He's been out for the guts of nine months because it happened against us at the end of January. He trained well on Saturday with the development squad and I watched him train yesterday and he's doing fine. "But let's allow him another week's training first and next Tuesday he'll play for the reserves against Wigan. That's the target."