Meulensteen still at United
Mon, 03 Jun 2013 19:17:00
Manchester United first-team coach Rene Meulensteen has denied stepping down or being sacked and says he will report for duty at the club at the start of July.
Sir Alex Ferguson retired as manager at the end of the season and it was announced shortly afterwards that assistant boss Mike Phelan and goalkeeping coach Eric Steele had also left their roles.
David Moyes is keen to get his own backroom team in place and it was thought that Meulensteen may also depart Old Trafford.
The Dutchman has been linked with a move to Wigan Athletic to replace Roberto Martinez and his future still appears unclear, but he insists there have been no developments yet and he is still in a job with United.
He told Dutch football magazine ELF Voetbal: "So far I will report on July 1. I am still under contract at the club.
"I didn't step down, and also I was not sacked by Manchester United. I am still employed."