MLS 2013 season features rivalry week
NEW YORK (AP)
MORE MLS NEWS
- TFC names QPR's Nelsen as new coach
- KC set to host MLS All-Star game
- MLS announces 2013 home openers
- Galaxy win MLS Cup | Action shots
- Trecker: Donovan's Hollywood ending
- Wondowlowski voted MLS MVP
- Garber speaks about MLS future
- MLS gives awards to Yallop, Johnson
- Best stories of 2012 | Fans | WAGs
- Biggest flops | Best starting XI | Shots
- Scores | Stats | Standings | Video
The MLS schedule for 2013 will feature a rivalry week in mid-March.
All 323 matches will be televised live, 87 via national network partners.
The season begins March 2 with six matches. It ends Oct. 27, followed by the playoffs and MLS Cup.
Each of the 19 teams will play 34 matches, 17 at home and 17 away, over 35 weeks. As of now, no games will overlap with World Cup qualifiers.