Cruzeiro chief reveals Ribeiro fear
Cruzeiro president Gilvan Ribeiro has admitted it will be hard to keep reported Manchester United target Everton Ribeiro in Brazil this summer.
Ribeiro claimed the award for the best player in the Brazilian top flight last season as he guided Cruzeiro, to the Brasileiro Serie A title, thus qualifying for the 2014 Copa Libertadores.
The 24-year-old has attracted much attention from Europe as a result of his performances back in his native Brazil, and has previously revealed he would be open to a move to United.
However, Ribeiro is happy where he is, for now.
"There is a lot of speculation but for now I am just enjoying my vacations," Ribeiro told Globe Esporte.
"I'll present myself at Cruzeiro on January 6 to have a good pre-season and another great year at Cruzeiro."
The Copa Libertadores begins in early January 2014, runs until next summer, and is the pinnacle of South American football.
Ribeiro feels that an opportunity to play in such a competition is one that is too good to turn down, but is keeping his options open for the summer.
"I don't know what will happen after Libertadores. Football is very dynamic, I'll do like I did this year. step by step," he added.
"Everything is working out little by little, Cruzeiro have a great squad, everyone treats me well and I am very happy there."
Cruzeiro's president Ribeiro has already braced himself for more interest in the talented attacking midfielder.
"We know it will be hard to keep him after Libertadores," he told Radio Italiaia.
"But we don't intend to sell of our players before Libertadores, we want to keep the squad, that will be our biggest investment in the team."