Garcia Plaza named new Getafe coach
Luis Garcia Plaza has been confirmed as the new coach of ambitious Primera Division outfit Getafe.
- Tottenham swoops for Scott Parker
- Gunners boosts defense with Santos signing
- Reds star Joe Cole joins Lille on loan
- Holland winger Elia snapped up by Juventus
- City signs Arsenal midfielder Nasri
- Blackburn makes bid for Schalke ace Raul
- Ayala joins Norwich from Liverpool
- Fabregas signs five-year Barcelona deal
- Liverpool signs Toon defender Enrique
- Lamela leaves River Plate for Roma
- Lukaku on his way to Chelsea
- Zhirkov leaves Blues for Russia return
Garcia Plaza resigned as coach of Levante on Tuesday.
He succeeds Michel who was sacked at the end of last season, after Getafe finished 16th and only narrowly avoided relegation.
Luis Garcia, 38, had his playing career cut short by injury in 2000 but has forged a successful coaching career, and steered Levante into the Spain top-flight last year.
According to reports, he has agreed a three-year contract with Getafe, which has been under the ownership of Dubai-based Royal Emirates Group since April.