La Liga

Barca says Eto'o has dropped lawsuit

Samuel Etoo Inter Milan
Samuel Eto'o has dropped his lawsuit, according to Barca
Share This Story

   
 

BARCELONA

Barcelona says its former striker Samuel Eto'o has withdrawn a lawsuit claiming $4 million in unpaid dues from his 2010 transfer to Inter Milan.

The European and Spanish champions said in a statement Tuesday that it had received the news from a letter issued by Catalunya's Superior Court. Eto'o had also been demanding an undisclosed amount of interest from the move.

Barcelona paid Inter $66 million for striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic in a deal that included Eto'o going the other way.

The Cameroon striker was one of Barcelona's most successful players, scoring 152 goals and helping the club to two Champions League and three Spanish league titles.

Eto'o moved from Inter to Russian club Anzhi Makhackala last year.

Member Comments

Please note by clicking on "Post comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Use and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be Polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator.

powered by