Altidore to miss remainder of Gold Cup
U.S. forward Jozy Altidore will miss the Gold Cup final with a strained hamstring, and will be sidelined from 4 to 6 weeks.
- USA's Howard apologises for swearing
- Galarcep: Mexico just too good for USA
- Mexico rallies to defeat USA in Cup final
- Galarcep: Sparks off bench lead US into final
- Costa Rica's Marshall dies in car crash
- Two extra time goal see Mexico through
- Galarcep: USA player ratings vs. Panama
Altidore has scored two of the Americans' six goals in the event. He was hurt in the ninth minute of the 2-0 victory against Jamaica on Sunday.
The U.S. defeated Panama 1-0 in the semifinal Wednesday night at Reliant Stadium. The final is Saturday at the Rose Bowl.
Altidore appeared to be regaining his dangerous form in front of the goal after struggling to get playing time with his European club teams last season.