PSG signs Maxwell from Barcelona
Paris St Germain has completed the signing of Brazilian left-back Maxwell from Barcelona.
- Luca Toni leaves Juve for Al Nasr
- Inter inks Internacional's Juan
- Ream finally seals Bolton move
- Onuoha joins QPR revolution
- Amauri leaves Juve for Fiorentina
- Cahill finally completes Chelsea move
- Gibson leaves United for Everton
- Trezeguet signs for River Plate
- Robbie Keane seals Villa loan move
- Maxwell signs for PSG from Barcelona
- Borriello moving from Roma to Juve
- Man Utd striker joins QPR on loan
- Germany winger Reus to join Dortmund
- Henry completes loan return to Arsenal
The 30-year-old defender was introduced at a press conference in the French capital Thursday afternoon after arriving from the Catalan club Wednesday night to finalise the terms of his deal.
The size of the transfer fee is not known.
"From my first conversation with (director of football) Leonardo, I felt really wanted,'' Maxwell said.
"The invitation to join Paris made me very happy. This suits from the path that I have taken before (playing for Ajax, Inter Milan, and Barcelona).
"The project and the prospects motivated me.''
Leonardo added: "I have always admired Maxwell. I have followed him throughout his career. I'm really happy to have signed him.''
Maxwell, who becomes PSG's first signing of the January transfer window, has agreed a three-and-a-half year deal with the club.
Maxwell joined Barca in 2009 from Inter Milan, and won 10 competitions in all during his time with the club, collecting medals from two league titles, one Champions League crown, two Club World Cups, two European Super Cups and three Spanish Super Cups.
He made 89 appearances for Barca, scoring two goals.