Koscielny called up to France squad
France coach Laurent Blanc has called up Laurent Koscielny to the squad that will face Albania and Romania in European Championship qualifiers next month.
- England scrape to win against Wales
- Spain marches into Euro 2012 finals
- Torres' future with Spain in doubt
- Italy leaves it late against Slovenia
- France stays top despite draw with Romania
- Braves Ireland holds on for draw in Russia
- Wales fan dies in assault at Wembley
- Netherland defeats 10-man Finland
Blanc hopes the Arsenal defender will recover from the back spasms he suffered in the 2-0 loss to Liverpool last weekend as center backs Philippe Mexes and Mamadou Sakho are not available. Mexes is still recovering from a knee injury while Sakho picked up a hamstring injury in the French league.
France leads Group D with 13 points from six matches, followed by Belarus, which has 12 points but has played one game more.
France visits Albania on Sept. 2 and Romania on Sept. 6. Albania and Romania both have eight points from six games.