Dynamo Kiev pays the penalty
UEFA have ordered Dynamo Kiev to play their next two home matches in European competition behind closed doors due to two incidents of "racist conduct by their supporters" at the Olympic National Sports Complex.
RACISM: THE BIG ISSUE
- Anelka handed five-match ban
- CSKA denies Toure racism
- Six Charlton supporters jailed
- Lazio punished again by UEFA
- Hughton suffers racist abuse
- Blatter blasts level of Roma fine
- UEFA fines Inter for fan behavIor
- Boateng relives ordeal in court
- Millwall supporter charged
- Dani Alves hits out at racist chants
- Japan star leaves Slovakia over racism
- Boateng walks off pitch in protest
- FA approves new anti-racism plan
- Zenit fans release shocking manifesto
- Fan arrested for alleged racist tweet
- New arrivals to have cultural lessons
- Clattenburg cleared of racism | Video
The Ukraine club's fans are alleged to have behaved in a racist manner in Dynamo's Champions League clash with Paris St Germain in November last year and then again in the Europa League against Bordeaux in February.
And UEFA, whose general secretary Gianni Infantino has announced proposed sanctions of banning players for a minimum of 10 matches if they are found guilty of a racist offence, has taken a dim view of the fans' conduct although the club has lodged an appeal.
"FC Dynamo Kiev have been ordered to play their next two UEFA competition home matches behind closed doors due to racist conduct by supporters," said a statement on UEFA's official website.
"The first match behind closed doors applies to the next UEFA club competition match for which the club would qualify, while the sanction for the second match is deferred for a probationary period of three years.
"The Ukrainian club has lodged an appeal against this decision. The date of the UEFA Appeals Body hearing has yet to be decided."
Infantino also said there would be partial closure of stadiums for a first incident of racist abuse by fans and a full closure for a second offence.
The proposed sanctions would affect all matches in European competition.