Ibrahimovic to miss Sweden qualifier
Sweden coach Erik Hamren says striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic will miss the European Championship qualifier against Moldova on Friday due to a foot injury.
- England scrape to win against Wales
- Spain marches into Euro 2012 finals
- Torres' future with Spain in doubt
- Italy leaves it late against Slovenia
- France stays top despite draw with Romania
- Braves Ireland holds on for draw in Russia
- Wales fan dies in assault at Wembley
- Netherland defeats 10-man Finland
Hamren told reporters Wednesday that Ibrahimovic's tendon problems in his right foot seem worse than expected and that ''there is a risk for a backlash'' if he takes part in Friday's game.
The AC Milan player has been bothered by the injury since the last rounds of the Italian league season.
Hamren says Ibrahimovic will stay home to rehabilitate the injury, and still hopes to have the striker available for the home game against Finland next week.
Hamren says ''we're putting all efforts into getting him ready to play on Tuesday instead.''