English League 2

Short Shots deal for McNamee

Share This Story

   
 

Thu, 10 Jan 2013 22:42:00

Bayern Munich have been fined 15,000 euros by the DFB following a series of incidents during recent Bundesliga matches.

The German Football Association (DFB) said they were acting against the league leaders "because of two cases of unsporting behaviour and not having enough stewards".

Bayern fans set off flares during a clash with Fortuna Dusseldorf at the Allianz Arena on October 20, while fireworks were let off during the November 17 clash with Nurnberg.

The club's stewarding procedures were then called into question when a Bayern supporter tried to gain access to the pitch during the match with Borussia Dortmund on December 1.

Bayern informed the DFB that they have accepted the ruling.

The Chelsea club captain has missed 16 first-team games since suffering knee ligament damage against Liverpool on November 11 but he started the local derby against Fulham at the club's Cobham training ground.

With interim manager Rafael Benitez watching on from the stands, Terry had an early scare when his mistake almost let in Fulham, but otherwise he was rarely troubled in a calm and composed performance before being replaced at half-time following a goalless first half.

The 32-year-old former England skipper showed no obvious physical problems on his comeback appearance to give Benitez a timely boost following Wednesday night's Capital One Cup semi-final first leg defeat to Swansea.

The Spaniard was booed by Chelsea supporters during the 2-0 loss at Stamford Bridge, a result which followed on from last week's shock home Barclays Premier League defeat to QPR.

Chelsea will now hope to get back on track this weekend when they go to Stoke, although it remains to be seen when Terry will be available again for first-team action.

After that match, the Blues have home fixtures against Southampton and Arsenal in the league before the Capital One Cup semi-final return meeting against Swansea at the Liberty Stadium.

Chelsea centre-back Gary Cahill has called on his side to summon the spirit of their unlikely Champions League crowning in their bid to reach the final.

Swansea have only lost twice at home this term, but having turned around their tie against Napoli and seen off Barcelona and Bayern Munich as underdogs last season, the England centre-half thinks the Londoners are well placed to overturn the two-goal deficit.

"I've found Swansea a difficult place to go," Cahill told Chelsea TV.

"On my last three visits I've had two draws and a defeat, but we proved last season in the Champions League we can do it.

"Against Napoli we were 3-1 down and we turned it around at home, so this team can do it, and we need to do it."

The Hoops remain in contention for a domestic treble as they seek to retain the Clydesdale Bank Premier League title and come out on top in both cup competitions.

Neil Lennon's men have also booked their place in the last 16 of the Champions League, where they have a glamour tie with Juventus to look forward to.

Kayal is hopeful of claiming silverware this term but is taking nothing for granted just yet.

He told Celtic's website: "It's too early for us to say if it has been an amazing season. We've done really well so far but we're focused on trying to win trophies.

"It will only be in May that we'll be able to say if it's been a good season.

"We want to be successful for the club, for the fans, the manager and for ourselves as players and we will be doing our best to do that.

"We've done half the job in staying in all the four competitions and now we want to complete the job.

"We're very focused and we're here in Spain to work hard so that we come back hungry and ready for the games."

Kayal used the early part of the winter break to spend a few days in Israel with his family, but has now joined the rest of his Celtic team-mates at their training camp in Marbella.

He added: "We've had a lot of games in the first half of the season and it's going to be the same when we go back.

"So it's good to have the break, spend a few days off, and then get back together and start working again so we're ready for the games starting again.

"I managed to get home for a few days to see my family. It was a short break but it was great to see them.

"Because of the season, it's been five or six months since I've seen them so it was good.

"This is obviously the first winter break I've had in Scotland but it was something I was used to with Maccabi Haifa in Israel.

"This is like a mini pre-season for us and we're here to work."

The 21-year-old, who has been with Huddersfield since the age of seven and has also had loan spells with Morecambe, Cheltenham and Brentford, will link up with Crawley next Friday.

Manager Richie Barker told the Red Devils' website: "Jimmy is a player who has been on our radar for a while and we are delighted to have him at Crawley, as quite a few clubs were keen to take him on loan.

"He's a good size physically, is quick and will give us options up front. He jarred his knee in training and won't be joining us until next Friday once he has made a full recovery but we're looking forward to having him here and helping our push for the play-offs.

"He has joined us on a 93-day loan which will enable him to be available for the play-offs were we to reach them."

The npower League Two club announced the news on their official website, where Matt was photographed posing with a Fleetwood shirt.

The 22-year-old's move is subject to a medical being completed and he is set to go straight into Graham Alexander's squad to face Bristol Rovers this weekend.

Matt was prevented from playing for nine months due to work permit issues but has returned in style for Harriers with eight goals in as many appearances and recently agreed a new 18-month contract at Aggborough.

Kidderminster chairman Mark Serrell told his club's official website: "We included a clause within Jamille's new agreement that was designed to offer the club a little more security and, in our view, hopefully keep him with us for at least the foreseeable future.

"We had not envisaged at all that any club would meet the criteria of that clause quite so soon but Fleetwood Town have done so - their officials made an approach properly and through the correct channels which we commend.

"Naturally we do not wish to lose Jamille's services but accept that this move is potentially a very fruitful one for him and we wish him well with whatever he decides to do."

Boss Dean Holdsworth is delighted to have secured the 29-year-old and told the club's official website: "Hopefully he will provide competition on the wings.

"He is a real lively player and I am delighted that we have got him".

Shots goalkeeper Ross Worner will remain on loan with Eastbourne until the end of the season, but there is a recall clause in the deal.

Member Comments

Please note by clicking on "Post comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Use and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be Polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator.

powered by

SOCCER Headlines

More than Sports on MSN