Cureton focused on promotion
Mon, 25 Mar 2013 16:59:00
Lucas Digne has insisted he is happy at Lille and paying no attention to speculation about his future after being linked with a move to England.
The highly-rated left-back, 19, has reportedly attracted the attention of several Premier League clubs, including Chelsea, Manchester United, Liverpool and Manchester City.
Real Madrid are also understood to be keeping tabs on Digne's progress and he admits he does not know for sure what will happen in the summer, but he is not planning to move and is staying focused on fulfilling his potential.
"Suitors? I don't pay any attention to that. Really," he told L'Equipe.
"I joined a group of players who were champions of France when I was just 18 and I realise that I have experienced something really quickly, because I didn't expect to play so often.
"I hear I am one of the most promising full-backs, but what does it mean? How many players were promising and what did they do then?"
"Leaving Lille? It is the club where I have been educated, and I am very fine here. We will see."
Dunfermline said they had until 5pm on Monday to settle a ?134,000 tax bill after being hit with a winding-up order from Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs.
But Masterton is continuing to look for a solution amid major cash flow problems.
Director of football Leishman told STV: "Gavin Masterton had a meeting with staff this morning and told them he would make an announcement tomorrow.
"Nothing has changed from last week. The options include administration or liquidation.
"I'm just an employee of the football club - Gavin Masterton is in charge of the club's future."
Masterton reassumed control of the situation after a steering group set up to guide the club through the crisis ran out of options following failure to negotiate a viable long-term solution with supporters.
Dunfermline lost 4-3 to Dumbarton in front of 3,409 fans at East End Park on Saturday and are due to host Falkirk on Wednesday, but there is no guarantee the Irn-Bru First Division game will go ahead.
The 37-year-old is five goals behind Pope with seven games to go after hitting 20 so far this season but the former Reading hitman is only targeting an immediate return to the third tier.
He said: "It is obviously nice that I'm involved in it. I think it helps us, because if I'm scoring we are generally winning.
"But I don't go out solely to try and win the golden boot. I would not be happy if I won that and we didn't go up.
"That is not what it is about, promotion is key, and if we get players who get glories and things along the way with that then brilliant."
Cureton, who is now closing in on 250 goals, is not thinking about bringing his 17-year playing career to end despite the fact he will turn 38 shortly after the start of the 2013/14 season.
"I obviously have to take it year by year and if I feel the same I'll keep going," he said. "I haven't set a target, if I get to 40 and I'm still playing then brilliant, I take it year by year - no one turns around and gives you a two or three-year contract.
"I feel great, I love the game and enjoy every day coming in to train - as long as I've got that hunger and I can run around the pitch I'll keep going. I could be into my 40s, we'll wait and see."