Inman stays on loan with Alex
Thu, 03 Jan 2013 17:26:00
Cagliari captain Daniele Conti has signed a new contract which will see him bring up 15 years' service with the club.
The 33-year-old's contract was due to expire at the end of the season but the club confirmed on Thursday that he has signed a 12-month extension.
A statement on the club's official website read: "Daniele Conti has renewed his contract with Cagliari until June 2014. The agreement came after a short negotiation between the player and the club."
Conti joined the Rossoblu from Roma in 1999 and has since made over 250 league appearances for the club.
Paul Dickov retained his job as Latics manager ahead of this week's 2-2 draw at Scunthorpe despite assistant Gerry Taggart, reserve-team boss Lee Duxbury and fitness coach Paul Butler being removed by the League One club's board.
Furman said: "We're the ones who are out there every week. The staff do all that they can for us during the week and on a matchday before three o'clock.
"It's us whose out there at three o'clock and a poor run of form from us on the pitch has coincided with them losing their jobs.
"So we're 100 per cent feeling some part responsible for the loss of their jobs and we have to hold our hands up to that."
Furman admitted the players had to put feelings of sadness to one side before the trip to Glanford Park and he is ready to do the same ahead of this weekend's FA Cup clash with Nottingham Forest.
"It's tough," he added. "Personally I've been here for a long time now and I've worked with the three staff who've lost their jobs for the last three or four years.
"In a football club you sometimes see people here more than you see your family so you become very close to people. So to see people lose their jobs - it's very sad.
"But that's football. We've spoken to them, we'll stay in touch and we wish them well but we had a job to do on Tuesday and we couldn't dwell too much on what had happened.
"Sadly that's the way football goes and sackings do happen. We are very sorry for the loss but we have to get on with the rest of our season now."
The 24-year-old moved to Griffin Park from Manchester City in 2011 and has played in every league game this season.
Uwe Rosler told the Bees' website: "This season Shaleum has been more consistent than last year.
"He has played nearly all the games in a very demanding position and he has earned this 18-month contract
"He is still young enough to improve and we are delighted to have him on board.
"Everyone wants to be part of a successful team and I am delighted that players and staff are committing themselves."
The 23-year-old, equally at home on the wing or as a central striker, has signed a three-and-and-a-half-year contract at Bramall Lane and is determined to help the club win promotion to the Championship this season.
Well manager Stuart McCall, who has already touted Murphy as a future international, played a key role in the player's decision to join the Blades, where he himself plyed his trade as a footballer.
Murphy, who has spent 11 years at Fir Park, said: "I hope if I'm playing well someone will take notice. I can maybe make a push for the Scotland squad, but it's up to me to work that little bit harder. I wouldn't say I'm under their radar, but I'm sure the first cap is the hardest to get.
"The gaffer (McCall) has only said fantastic things about the club. He said it's a great move for me and wishes me all the best, so it's great to leave on those terms. If he said to me it wasn't a great club, I don't think I'd be here. He means a lot to me, he's done a lot for my career, so I listen to his advice.
"Everyone wants to play at the highest possible level and I'm sure the club here are no different, so if I can be part of that then fantastic.
"I've never left the city of Glasgow to stay, so coming down here was a big decision, but it's definitely the right decision at this time and I'm looking forward to it.
"I'm an ambitious person myself and the club is (too). The club wants to push on and get higher and to be a part of that will be good."
Murphy could make his Blades debut at Oxford on Saturday in the third round of the FA Cup.
The 18-year-old, who has played three times for the Reds in the Europa League this season, will join up with the League Two Millers until February 9 and could make his debut in the FA Cup at Aldershot on Saturday.
Boss Steve Evans revealed he has been after his man since the summer and is grateful to the Merseysiders for allowing Morgan to drop to the bottom tier.
"He is somebody who has been sought after many times buy many clubs, but Liverpool have kept him in house," Evans said.
"He has played in their first team and he has got a great goal record. He is someone I have admired and it's fair to say their manager will want to delete my number because I have been barraging him since early December.
"I've had a conversation with Brendan Rodgers and I've told him how grateful I am that he has allowed him to come and play at this level, because the level we play at was their concern.
"To be fair everything has played a part, our stadium, our attendance, our results and I have just kept asking. I have seen him seven or eight times and we have watched him closely since I tried to get him in the summer."
The 21-year-old Australian has impressed at Gresty Road since joining in November, scoring three times in five league games - four of which the Railwaymen have won to move within touching distance of the League One play-off places.
Inman will now remain in Cheshire until February 11 and look to build further upon his eye-catching form alongside skipper Luke Murphy and Abdul Osman in the Alex engine room.