Report: Incognito can't play until evaluation by NFL medical advisors
MAR 21, 2014 4:44p ET
He's currently a free agent and while he can sign a contract with any team willing to take a chance on him, he won't be able to play until he undergoes a comprehensive evaluation by NFL-NFL Players Association designated medical advisors, NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reports. Their report and recommendation will then be reviewed by commissioner Roger Goodell.
Incognito said he prefers to return to the Dolphins, but told NFL.com he would be interested in playing for the Raiders as well. Incognito has connections to Raiders offensive coordinator Greg Olson and offensive line coach Tony Sparano. Olson was the offensive coordinator for the Rams when Incognito was with the club, while Sparano was the head coach in Miami for Incognito's two seasons with the Dolphins.
The offensive lineman was suspended in October because of allegations of bullying against teammate Jonathan Martin. Incognito was considered the instigator of hazing toward Martin, according to the 144-page Wells report that was released on Feb. 14.
On Feb. 26, Incognito admitted to police in Scottsdale, Ariz., that he hit his Ferrari with a baseball bat. A day later, Incognito voluntarily sought psychiatric care.
Earlier this week, Incognito told a Miami television station that he was feeling better after treatment and would like another chance to play for the Dolphins.
"Returning to the Dolphins was my No. 1 goal from the time I got suspended," Incognito told WSVN. "I want to return to the community in Miami and resume my playing career as soon as possible.
"I was stressed. I believe in post-traumatic stress syndrome, and I believe in private mental health care."