FOX Sports Exclusive
2013 NFC West Fantasy Storylines
Here are three 2013 fantasy football storylines coming out of the NFC West I'll be paying attention to during training camp and through the end of August:
1) Will Sam Bradford ever break through as a reliable fantasy quarterback?
- New class of talent enters the picture
- Inexperienced backfield of Daryl Richardson, Isaiah Pead and Zac Stacy
- Brian Quick and Chris Givens minor impact in 15 games played in 2012
- Jared Cook becomes new starting tight end
- Perhaps some growing pains to deal with as the new offense gels
2) What to make of the Arizona Cardinals backfield?
- Already waxed poetic about my faith in Carson Palmer and Larry Fitzgerald making sweet fantasy football love IF the offensive line does its part
- Rashard Mendenhall with little fantasy impact in 2012 after recovering from ACL surgery the previous winter (anti-ADP impact)
- Ryan Williams missed entire rookie season with foot injury and most of the 2012 season with shoulder injury
- Believe Mendenhall wins job out of camp, but Williams could quickly turn it into a RBBC
3) Could Russell Wilson be drafted too high this year?
- If you asked the casual fantasy football player how many rushing touchdowns Wilson had last year, my bet is they would say around 10
- He scored four rushing touchdowns - three came in the same game
- Wilson finished third in rushing yards among fantasy quarterbacks
- But with the addition of Percy Harvin - who can run the ball - will Wilson be asked to throw more and do less on the run in 2012?
- He ranked towards the bottom of the league in passing yards last season