FOX Survivor Football Challenge
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
1. DESCRIPTION: The “FOX Survivor Football Challenge” ("Challenge") is an online game. The Challenge sponsor is FOX Sports Interactive Media, LLC (“Sponsor”). The Challenge Administrator is Creative Zing Promotion Group (“Administrator”). The Sponsor and Administrator will collectively be referred to herein as the “Challenge Entities.” THIS CHALLENGE IS DEVISED AS A NON-GAMBLING PROMOTION and is intended solely for entertainment purposes. Visit http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/schedule to view the official professional football league’s (“Pro Football”) schedule. The Pro Football schedule governs game start times and game matchups and determines the beginning and ending of each individual “Regular Season Week” and “Playoff Season Week” (as defined below).
2. ELIGIBILITY: Challenge is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and Washington D.C., who are at least eighteen (18) years of age or the age of legal majority in their state of primary residence at time of entry (“Entrant”). Each Entrant must be the rightful owner of the e-mail address identified in the Entrant's registration. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a winner, the winner will be deemed the person in whose name the email account was opened. Employees, shareholders, officers, directors, agents, and representatives of Challenge Entities, WhatIfSports.com, STATS Inc., and each of their respective parent companies, affiliates, divisions, subsidiaries, agents, representatives and promotion and advertising agencies, together with the immediate family members and those living in the same household of such persons, are not eligible to participate in the Challenge. Challenge void where prohibited.
3. HOW TO REGISTER: The Challenge registration period begins on Tuesday, July 15, 2014 at 12:01 am Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends at 8:15 pm ET on Thursday, September 4, 2014 (“Registration Period”). Registration is free. To register, the Entrant must visit http://www.foxsports.com/fantasy/football/survivor (the “Website”) and complete the online registration process according to the on-screen instructions. Once registered, Entrants must click the “Play Now” button to generate an entry name and join a group. Entrant has the choice to create a new group or join an existing group, however, all Entrants MUST join a group. All information provided by Entrant becomes the property of Sponsor. Limit three (3) registrations per person for the duration of the Challenge.
4. HOW TO PLAY: ELIGIBLE ENTRANTS MUST SUBMIT IN ACCORDANCE WITH THESE OFFICIAL RULES. NO OTHER METHOD OF SUBMISSION WILL BE ACCEPTED.
“Regular Season” (17 Weeks: Thursday, September 4, 2014 – December 28, 2014)
Beginning with the first scheduled regular season Professional Football game of the 2014-2015 season, Entrants will have the opportunity to use their skill and knowledge of Professional Football to predict one (1) pro football team (each, a “Team” and collectively, the “Teams”) to win each week of the Regular Season (each week a “Regular Season Week”). The objective is for the Entrant to select a “Winning Pick” by choosing a DIFFERENT Team to win each Regular Season Week (i.e.; Entrant cannot pick the same Team twice during the Regular Season). For each correct pick, the Entrant will be credited with a Winning Pick. If an Entrant's pick for a given Regular Season Week loses or if the Entrant fails to make a valid selection, Entrant will be credited with a "Losing Pick". In the event of a tie in any game, the tie will count as a Losing Pick towards the Entrant’s overall record. After a maximum of three (3) Losing Picks, Entrant will be eliminated from the Challenge. In order for an Entrant to be eligible to compete for a prize, the Entrant must be registered prior to the fourth Regular Season Week and have a Regular Season record of 14-3 or better.
Regular Season “Lock Times”: Picks for Sunday or Monday games must be completed no later than 1pm ET on Sunday of such Regular Season Week. Picks for Wednesday, Thursday or Saturday games must be completed no later than five (5) minutes prior to scheduled kickoff time of such game. Entrants who submit after the lock time or who do not submit a pick will be credited with a Losing Pick. If a game is postponed for any reason, the Lock Times for that game will remain as stated and apply to the originally scheduled game time.
“Playoff Season” (11 Playoff Games: January 3, 2015 – February 1, 2015)
At the end of the Regular Season, eligible Entrants from the Regular Season will progress to the “Playoff Round” of the Challenge and compete for prizes. Beginning with the first scheduled game of the Playoff Round, Entrants will have the opportunity to use their skill and knowledge of Professional Football to predict one (1) winning Team each week of the Playoff Season (each week a “Playoff Season Week”). Entrants must select a Winning Pick by choosing a DIFFERENT Team to win each Playoff Season Week; Entrant cannot pick the same Team twice during the Playoff Season (picks made during the Regular Season will NOT carry over). For each correct pick, the Entrant will be credited with a Winning Pick. If an Entrant's pick for a given Playoff Season week loses or if the Entrant fails to make a valid selection, Entrant will be credited with a Losing Pick and will be eliminated from the Challenge.
Playoff Season Lock Times: Picks must be completed no later than five (5) minutes prior to scheduled kickoff time of the first game of each Playoff Season Week; EXCEPT for the Super Bowl game which will lock five (5) minutes prior to the scheduled kickoff on game day. Entrants who submit after the lock time or who do not submit a pick will be credited with a Losing Pick. If a game is postponed for any reason, the Lock Times for that game will remain as stated and apply to the originally scheduled game time.
Entrants progressing to the Playoff Round will be grouped as follows to compete for prizes (each a “Prize Group”):
- Prize Group One: 17-0 Record
- Prize Group Two: 16-1
- Prize Group Three: 15-2
- Prize Group Four: 14-3
Tie-Breaker: Entrants will be asked to predict the final score of the Super Bowl by predicting both the final score for the winning Team and the final score for the losing Team. In the event of a tie in any Prize Group, the tie will be broken according to the Super Bowl game prediction, based on the following:
- Entrant who correctly predicted the winner of the Super Bowl game
- Entrant who most accurately predicted the total points for the Super Bowl game
- Entrant who most accurately predicted the winning team points for the Super Bowl game
- Entrant who most accurately predicted the losing team points for the Super Bowl game
- Entrant who most accurately predicted the actual score for the winning team in the Super Bowl game without going over
- Entrant who most accurately predicted the actual score for the losing team in the Super Bowl game without going over
- Entrant who has the earliest timestamp for prediction of the Super Bowl score
5. WINNER SELECTION, NOTIFICATION, FULFILLMENT & TIE BREAKERS: Potential winners will be determined according to the best overall Winning Pick records in each respective Prize Group during the Playoff Season. Potential prize winners in each Prize Group will be notified by telephone and/or email within approximately seven (7) days of the Winning Pick record determination date. Potential prize winners will be required to respond (as directed) to the notification within forty-eight (48) hours of first attempted notification. The failure to respond timely to the notification may result in forfeiture of the prize and, in such case, Challenge Entities will determine an alternate winner, based on the Prize Group standings. Winners may be required to verify their shipping address and return within five (5) days of first attempted notification an affidavit of eligibility, a liability release and, unless prohibited by law, a publicity release (collectively, the “Prize Claim Documents”). Such Prize Claim Documents shall cover eligibility, liability, advertising, publicity and media appearance issues. Failure of any winner to return the executed affidavit and release forms within the specified time period may result in forfeiture of the prize. A prize will not be awarded until all such properly executed forms are returned. An IRS Form 1099 may be issued in the name of the prize winner for the actual value of any prize received which exceeds Five Hundred Ninety-Nine ($599.00). The Challenge Entities shall have no liability for any notification that is lost, intercepted, or not received by a Potential Winner. In the event a Potential Prize Winner is notified by phone, the notifying party shall not be required to leave a message.
|Prize Group One
(17-0 Regular Season)
1st Prize Two Thousand Five Hundred Dollars ($2,500.00 USD), awarded in the form of a check. Total Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): Two Thousand Five Hundred Dollars ($2,500.00 USD)
2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th Prize Five Hundred Dollars ($500.00 USD), awarded in the form of a check; ARV: Five Hundred Dollars ($500.00 USD)
6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th Prize Two Hundred Fifty Dollars ($250.00 USD), awarded in the form of a check; ARV: Two Hundred Fifty Dollars ($250.00 USD)
Total Group One Cumulative Prize ARV: Four Thousand Seven Hundred Fifty Dollars ($4,750.00 USD)
|Prize Group Two
(16-1 Regular Season)
1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th Prize Two Hundred Fifty Dollars ($250.00 USD), awarded in the form of a check; ARV: Two Hundred Fifty Dollars ($250.00 USD)
Total Group Two Cumulative Prize ARV: One Thousand Two Hundred Fifty Dollars ($1,250.00 USD)
|Prize Group Three
(15-2 Regular Season)
1st, 2nd, 3rd Prize Two Hundred Fifty Dollars ($250.00 USD), awarded in the form of a check; ARV: Two Hundred Fifty Dollars ($250.00 USD)
Total Group Three Cumulative Prize ARV: Seven Hundred Fifty Dollars ($750.00 USD)
|Prize Group Four
(14-3 Regular Season)
1st Prize Two Hundred Fifty Dollars ($250.00 USD), awarded in the form of a check; ARV: Two Hundred Fifty Dollars ($250.00 USD)
Total Group Four Cumulative Prize ARV: Two Hundred Fifty Dollars ($250.00 USD)
Total Cumulative Challenge ARV: Seven Thousand Dollars ($7,000.00 USD)
Limit one (1) prize per household. Winners will be responsible for any and all federal, state and/or local taxes and any other costs or expenses resulting from acceptance of the prize. Winners cannot assign or transfer any prize to another person. No prize substitution is allowed except at the discretion of Challenge Entities. If a prize cannot be awarded due to circumstances beyond the control of the Challenge Entities, a substitute prize or reward of equal or greater retail value may be provided. If a prize is awarded but unclaimed/forfeited by recipient, prize may not be re-awarded, in Challenge Entities’ sole discretion. Other restrictions may apply.
7. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION/RELEASES: Challenge is void where prohibited or restricted by law. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. By participating, each Entrant agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Challenge Entities, which shall be final in all respects. By participating in this Challenge and/or by accepting any prize, each Entrant agrees to release and indemnify the Challenge Entities; WhatIfSports.com, STATS Inc., each of their respective parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, units and divisions and advertising and promotional agencies and prize suppliers; each of their respective officers, directors, agents, representatives and employees; and each of these companies and individuals' respective successors, representatives and assigns (collectively, the "Released Parties") from any and all actions, claims, injury, loss or damage arising in any manner, directly or indirectly, from participation in this Challenge and/or acceptance, use, or misuse of any prize. Acceptance of a prize authorizes the Challenge Entities and their assigns to use his/her name, voice, likeness, biographical data, city and state of residence and entry materials in programming or promotional material, throughout the universe in perpetuity, or on a winner's list, if applicable, without further compensation unless prohibited by law. Challenge Entities are not obligated to use any of the above-mentioned information or materials, but may do so and may edit such information or materials, at the Challenge Entities’ sole discretion, without further obligation or compensation. By entering the Challenge, Entrants agree that: (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Challenge, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Challenge, but in no event will Entrant’s attorneys’ fees be awarded or recoverable; and (3) under no circumstances will any Entrant be permitted to obtain any award for, and Entrant hereby knowingly and expressly waives all rights to seek, punitive, incidental or consequential damages and/or any other damages, other than actual out-of-pocket expenses, and/or any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. The Released Parties shall not be liable for: (i) late, lost, delayed, stolen, misdirected, postage-due, incomplete, unreadable, inaccurate, garbled or unintelligible entries, communications or affidavits, regardless of the method of transmission; (ii) telephone system, telephone or computer hardware, software or other technical or computer malfunctions, lost connections, disconnections, delays or transmission errors; (iii) data corruption, theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alteration of entry or other materials; (iv) any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by the prize or resulting from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of a prize, or from participation in the Challenge; (v) the Entrant’s claim that he or she has somehow been defamed or portrayed in a false light or (vi) any printing, typographical, human administrative or technological errors in any materials associated with the Challenge. Challenge Entities assume no responsibility for any damage to an Entrant’s computer system, which is occasioned by accessing the Website, or participating in the Challenge, or for any computer system, phone line, hardware, software or program malfunctions, or other errors, failures, delayed computer transmissions or network connections that are human or technical in nature, or for the incorrect or inaccurate capture of information, or the failure to capture any information. Challenge Entities reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend the Challenge (or any portion of the Challenge) should a virus, bug, computer problem, unauthorized intervention or other cause or problem corrupt or inhibit the administration, security or proper play of the Challenge and, in such situation, to select the winner(s) from eligible non-suspect entries received prior to and/or after such action or in such manner as deemed fair and appropriate by the Challenge Entities. Challenge Entities may prohibit you from participating in the Challenge or winning a prize if, in their sole discretion, they determine you are attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Challenge by cheating, hacking, deception, or any other unfair playing practices of intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other Entrants or Challenge Entities representatives. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CHALLENGE MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION FROM PARTICIPATION IN THE CHALLENGE. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, CHALLENGE ENTITIES RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY FEES) TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
8. GOVERNING LAW: ALL ISSUES AND QUESTIONS CONCERNING THE CONSTRUCTION, VALIDITY, INTERPRETATION AND ENFORCEABILITY OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES, OR THE RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS OF ENTRANTS OR THE CHALLENGE ENTITIES IN CONNECTION WITH THE CHALLENGE OR IN CONNECTION WITH ANY SUBMISSION OR OTHER MATERIAL SUBMITTED IN CONNECTION WITH THE CHALLENGE, SHALL BE GOVERNED BY AND CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE INTERNAL LAWS OF THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA WITHOUT GIVING EFFECT TO ANY CHOICE OF LAW OF CONFLICT OF LAW RULES OR PROVISIONS THAT WOULD CAUSE THE APPLICATION OF ANY OTHER STATE’S LAWS. THE INVALIDITY OR UNENFORCEABILITY OF ANY PROVISION OF THESE RULES SHALL NOT AFFECT THE VALIDITY OR ENFORCEABILITY OF ANY OTHER PROVISION. IN THE EVENT THAT ANY PROVISION IS DETERMINED TO BE INVALID OR OTHERWISE UNENFORCEABLE OR ILLEGAL, THESE RULES SHALL OTHERWISE REMAIN IN EFFECT AND SHALL BE CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THEIR TERMS AS IF THE INVALID OR ILLEGAL PROVISION WERE NOT CONTAINED HEREIN. IN NO EVENT WILL THE CHALLENGE ENTITIES, THEIR PARENT, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES AND RELATED COMPANIES, THEIR ADVERTISING OR PROMOTION AGENCIES, WEB MASTERS/SUPPLIERS, VENDORS, CONTRACTORS OR THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF ENTRANT’S IN THE CHALLENGE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, ALL PRIZES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS,” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AND THE CHALLENGE ENTITIES HEREBY EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CHALLENGE MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE RIGHT IS RESERVED TO SEEK DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW.
9. ARBITRATION PROVISION: By participating in this Challenge, each Entrant agrees that any and all disputes the Entrant may have with, or claims Entrant may have against, the Released Parties relating to, arising out of or connected in any way with (i) the Challenge, (ii) the awarding or redemption of any prize, and/or (iii) the determination of the scope or applicability of this agreement to arbitrate, will be resolved individually and exclusively by final and binding arbitration administered by the National Arbitration Forum (the “Forum”) and conducted before a sole arbitrator pursuant to the Code of Procedure established by the Forum. The arbitration shall be held at a location determined by the Forum pursuant to the Code of Procedure, or at such other location as may be mutually agreed upon by the Entrant and Sponsor. The arbitrator’s decision shall be controlled by the terms and conditions of these Official Rules and any of the other agreements referenced herein that the applicable Entrant may have entered into in connection with the Challenge. There shall be no authority for any claims to be arbitrated on a class or representative basis; arbitration can decide only the Entrant’s and/or Sponsor’s individual claims and the arbitrator may not consolidate or join the claims of other persons or parties who may be similarly situated. The arbitrator shall not have the power to award special or punitive damages against the Entrant or Released Parties. For more information on the Forum and/or the Forum's Code of Procedure, please visit their website at www.arb-forum.com. If any part of this Arbitration Provision is deemed to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, the balance of this Arbitration Provision shall remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with its terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
10. GAMBLING PROHIBITION: This Challenge is strictly for entertainment purposes and may not be used in connection with any form of gambling.
12. SPONSOR: Fox Sports Interactive Media, LLC, 12181 Bluff Creek Drive, Playa Vista, CA 90094.
13. ADMINISTRATOR: Creative Zing Promotion Group, 189 S. Orange Ave., Ste 1130A, Orlando, FL 32801.
14. PRIZE WINNER LIST: For the names of the Group Winners, available after February 13, 2015, or a copy of these official rules, mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: “FOX Survivor Football Challenge” Winner's List or Rules, 189 S. Orange Ave., Ste 1130A, Orlando FL 32801 (VT Residents may omit return postage) by February 26, 2015.