NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. The Basketball Hot Streak Challenge begins on 10/28/14 at 12:01 a.m. PT and ends on 04/15/2015 at commencement time of the last scheduled regular season NBA game. Open to legal residents of the 50 United States & Washington DC, who are at least 18 years of age. Sponsor: Fox Sports Interactive Media, LLC. Void where prohibited.
Basketball Hot Streak Challenge
Official Challenge Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
1. DESCRIPTION: The “Basketball Hot Streak Challenge” (the "Challenge") is an online prediction Challenge in which entrants will predict statistical achievement events (“Predictions”) that may take place during National Basketball Association (NBA) games on a given day. The Challenge begins on October 28, 2014, at 12:01 a.m. Pacific Time ("PT") and ends on April 15, 2015, at commencement time of the last scheduled regular season NBA game (“Challenge Period”). The Challenge sponsor is Fox Sports Interactive Media, LLC (“Sponsor”). The Challenge Administrator is Creative Zing Promotion Group (“Administrator”). The Sponsor and Administrator will be referred to herein as the “Challenge Entities”. THIS CHALLENGE IS DEVISED AS A NON-GAMBLING PROMOTION and is intended solely for entertainment purposes.
2. ELIGIBILITY: Challenge is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and Washington D.C., who are at least eighteen (18) years of age or the age of legal majority in their state of primary residence at time of entry (“Entrant”). Each Entrant must be the rightful owner of the e-mail address identified in the Entrant's “Account” (as defined below). In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a winner, the winner will be deemed the person in whose name the email account was opened. Employees, shareholders, officers, directors, agents, and representatives of Challenge Entities and each of their respective parent companies, affiliates, divisions, subsidiaries, agents, representatives and promotion and advertising agencies, together with the immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of such persons, are not eligible to participate in the Challenge. Challenge void where prohibited. For purposes of the Challenge, "Household Members" shall mean those people who share the same residence at least three months a year and "Immediate Family Members" shall mean parents, step-parents, legal guardians, children, step-children, siblings, step-siblings, or spouses. Void where prohibited or restricted by law.
3. HOW TO REGISTER: To participate in the Challenge, you must have a FOXSports.com account (“Account”). If you already have an Account, go to http://www.foxsports.com/fantasy/basketball/hotstreak (the “Website”) and follow the on-screen instructions to create an Account. ENTRANTS MAY ONLY PARTICIPATE IN THE CHALLENGE USING A SINGLE ACCOUNT REGARDLESS OF NUMBER OF EMAIL ADDRESSES OR ACCOUNTS. If an Entrant participates using multiple Accounts, only the first set of “Predictions” (as defined below) will be eligible for a prize or reward.
4. PREDICTIONS & STREAKS: To play, Entrants log onto their Account and use their knowledge of the NBA to make Predictions by selecting certain NBA players and/or NBA teams, as applicable, that Entrant believes will attain certain daily milestones (as described below) which shall be detailed on the Website. The NBA players and NBA teams available for selection shall be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Entrants can log into their Account and return to the Website at any time throughout the Challenge Period to make daily Predictions. Predictions must be made no later than five (5) minutes prior to the scheduled start time of a NBA game (each a “Game”); once the scheduled start time of a Game has passed all Predictions will be locked (“Lockdown”), regardless of whether a Game is delayed for any reason. No changes to the Prediction will be permitted after Lockdown. One (1) point will be awarded for each correct Prediction. Two (2) or more CONSECUTIVE correct Predictions will create a hot streak (“Streak”). As soon as an Entrant makes an incorrect Prediction, the Streak will be broken but any/all points accumulated for correct Predictions will remain intact. The first five hundred (500) Entrants to achieve a Streak of fifteen (15) or greater will receive a “Fifteen Streak” Prize, as described below, contingent on Entrant providing a valid email address at registration.
Entrants may only submit ONE (1) Prediction per day, regardless of the total number of Games being played or Predictions offered on a given day. If there is no Game scheduled on a given day, no predictions will be made available for that day. In the event a Game is cancelled on any given day, all Predictions made for the day will be void. Entrants cannot select the same Prediction more than one (1) time during each Streak. (Example: If Entrant predicts a specific player will score 25 pts. and he does, Entrant cannot replicate the exact same Prediction for the duration of such Hot Streak). Entrants are NOT required to enter a Prediction each day. Points cannot be accumulated on inactive days; however, Steaks will remain intact.
There are four (4) possible Predictions available, as follows:
- Basketball player scores 25 or more points
- Basketball player records 10 or more rebounds
- Basketball player records 8 or more assists
- Basketball team scores 100 or more points
All Prediction outcomes will be based on the official rules and scoring of NBA located at http://www.nba.com/analysis/rules_index.html. For purposes of the Challenge, points will be earned based on scoring . Points will not be earned based on NBA statistics corrections that occur AFTER the completion of a Game.
Incomplete or unintelligible entries will be disqualified. All information provided by Entrant becomes the property of Sponsor. ELIGIBLE ENTRANTS MUST SUBMIT IN ACCORDANCE WITH THESE OFFICIAL RULES. NO OTHER METHOD OF SUBMISSION WILL BE ACCEPTED. If a Game is mistakenly left unlocked after a Game has begun, the Challenge Entities may lock the Game late or cancel the game altogether, in Sponsor's sole discretion, and any predictions made in connection with such a Game will be cancelled.
5. GROUPS: Entrants can create or join public or private groups of friends or other users with similar interests, skill level, etc. When creating a private group, Entrant will be asked to enter a password. GROUP STANDING OR PARTICIPATION HAS NO AFFECT ON THE AWARDING OF PRIZES.
6. FIFTEEN STREAK PRIZE AWARDS:
|Fifteen Streak Prizes
Up to Five Hundred (500) Fifteen Streak Prizes will be awarded.
|Each of the first Five hundred (500) Entrants with a Streak equal to or greater than fifteen (15) will receive ten dollars ($10.00) in FOX Sports Shop Bucks. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of each Fifteen Streak Prize: Ten Dollars ($10.00) USD.
Total Cumulative Prize Value: Five Thousand Dollars ($5000.00)
FOX Sports Shopping Bucks will be awarded via promotional codes and can only be used at www.FOXSportsShop.com. Shopping Bucks have no cash value and will expire on April 30, 2015 at 11:59 PM ET. ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL TAXES, AND ANY OTHER COSTS AND EXPENSES, ASSOCIATED WITH THE RECEIPT OR USE OF THE PRIZE ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNER. The FOX Sports Shopping Bucks are subject to all terms and conditions generally applicable thereto and are non-transferable and will be deemed void if sold, transferred, auctioned, or assigned to any third party. All prize details are at the sole discretion of the Challenge Entities. Prize Winners cannot assign or transfer the prize to another person. No prize substitution or cash alternative is allowed except at the sole discretion of Challenge Entities. If a prize cannot be awarded due to circumstances beyond their control, Challenge Entities reserve the right to substitute the prize (or any portion thereof) for a prize of comparable or greater value, in their sole discretion. Other restrictions may apply.
7. WINNER SELECTION, NOTIFICATION & FULFILLMENT: Fifteen Streak Prize Winners will receive their prize via email within 2-4 weeks of achieving a Streak of fifteen (15). The Challenge Entities shall have no liability for any such notification that is lost, intercepted, or not received by the selected winner. IT IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF EACH ENTRANT TO ENSURE THAT THE EMAIL ADDRESS ASSOCIATED WITH THEIR ACCOUNT IS CURRENT AND CORRECT.
8. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION/RELEASES: Challenge is void where prohibited or restricted by law. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. By participating, each Entrant agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Challenge Entities, which shall be final in all respects. By participating in this Challenge and/or by accepting any prize that they may win, each Entrant agrees to release and indemnify the Challenge Entities; each of their respective parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, units and divisions and advertising and promotional agencies and prize suppliers; each of their respective officers, directors, agents, representatives and employees; and each of these companies and individuals' respective successors, representatives and assigns (collectively, the "Released Parties") from any and all actions, claims, injury, loss or damage arising in any manner, directly or indirectly, from participation in this Challenge and/or acceptance, use, or misuse of any prize. Each Entrant authorizes the Challenge Entities and their assigns to use his/her name, voice, likeness, biographical data, city and state of residence and entry materials in programming or promotional material, throughout the universe in perpetuity, or on a winner's list, if applicable, without further compensation unless prohibited by law. Challenge Entities are not obligated to use any of the above-mentioned information or materials, but may do so and may edit such information or materials, at the Challenge Entities’ sole discretion, without further obligation or compensation. By entering the Challenge, Entrants agree that: (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Challenge, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out of pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Challenge, but in no event will Entrant’s attorneys’ fees be awarded or recoverable; and (3) under no circumstances will any Entrant be permitted to obtain any award for, and Entrant hereby knowingly and expressly waives all rights to seek, punitive, incidental or consequential damages and/or any other damages, other than actual out of pocket expenses, and/or any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. The Released Parties shall not be liable for: (i) late, lost, delayed, stolen, misdirected, postage-due, incomplete, unreadable, inaccurate, garbled or unintelligible entries, communications or affidavits, regardless of the method of transmission; (ii) telephone system, telephone or computer hardware, software or other technical or computer malfunctions, lost connections, disconnections, delays or transmission errors; (iii) data corruption, theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alteration of entry or other materials; (iv) any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by the prize or resulting from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of a prize, or from participation in the Challenge; (v) the Entrant’s claim that he or she has somehow been defamed or portrayed in a false light or (vi) any printing, typographical, human administrative or technological errors in any materials associated with the Challenge. Challenge Entities assume no responsibility for any damage to an Entrant’s computer system, which is occasioned by accessing the Website, or participating in the Challenge, or for any computer system, phone line, hardware, software or program malfunctions, or other errors, failures, delayed computer transmissions or network connections that are human or technical in nature, or for the incorrect or inaccurate capture of information, or the failure to capture any information. Challenge Entities reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend the Challenge (or any portion of the Challenge) should a virus, bug, computer problem, unauthorized intervention or other cause or problem corrupt or inhibit the administration, security or proper play of the Challenge and, in such situation, to select the winner(s) from eligible non-suspect entries received prior to and/or after such action or in such manner as deemed fair and appropriate by the Challenge Entities. Challenge Entities may prohibit you from participating in the Challenge or winning a prize if, in their sole discretion, they determine you are attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Challenge by cheating, hacking, deception, or any other unfair playing practices of intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other Entrants or Challenge Entities representatives. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CHALLENGE MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION FROM PARTICIPATION IN THE CHALLENGE. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, CHALLENGE ENTITIES RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY FEES) TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
9. GOVERNING LAW: ALL ISSUES AND QUESTIONS CONCERNING THE CONSTRUCTION, VALIDITY, INTERPRETATION AND ENFORCEABILITY OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES, OR THE RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS OF ENTRANTS OR THE CHALLENGE ENTITIES IN CONNECTION WITH THE CHALLENGE OR IN CONNECTION WITH ANY SUBMISSION OR OTHER MATERIAL SUBMITTED IN CONNECTION WITH THE CHALLENGE, SHALL BE GOVERNED BY AND CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE INTERNAL LAWS OF THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA WITHOUT GIVING EFFECT TO ANY CHOICE OF LAW OF CONFLICT OF LAW RULES OR PROVISIONS THAT WOULD CAUSE THE APPLICATION OF ANY OTHER STATE’S LAWS. THE INVALIDITY OR UNENFORCEABILITY OF ANY PROVISION OF THESE RULES SHALL NOT AFFECT THE VALIDITY OR ENFORCEABILITY OF ANY OTHER PROVISION. IN THE EVENT THAT ANY PROVISION IS DETERMINED TO BE INVALID OR OTHERWISE UNENFORCEABLE OR ILLEGAL, THESE RULES SHALL OTHERWISE REMAIN IN EFFECT AND SHALL BE CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THEIR TERMS AS IF THE INVALID OR ILLEGAL PROVISION WERE NOT CONTAINED HEREIN.
IN NO EVENT WILL THE CHALLENGE ENTITIES, THEIR PARENT, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES AND RELATED COMPANIES, THEIR ADVERTISING OR PROMOTION AGENCIES, WEB MASTERS/SUPPLIERS, VENDORS, CONTRACTORS OR THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF ENTRANT’S IN THE CHALLENGE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, ALL PRIZES, THE CHALLENGE AND THE WEBSITE ARE PROVIDED “AS IS,” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AND THE CHALLENGE ENTITIES HEREBY EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
10. ARBITRATION PROVISION: By participating in this Challenge, each Entrant agrees that any and all disputes the Entrant may have with, or claims Entrant may have against, the Released Parties relating to, arising out of or connected in any way with (i) the Challenge, (ii) the awarding or redemption of any prize, and/or (iii) the determination of the scope or applicability of this agreement to arbitrate, will be resolved individually and exclusively by final and binding arbitration administered by the National Arbitration Forum (the “Forum”) and conducted before a sole arbitrator pursuant to the Code of Procedure established by the Forum. The arbitration shall be held at a location determined by the Forum pursuant to the Code of Procedure, or at such other location as may be mutually agreed upon by the Entrant and Sponsor. The arbitrator’s decision shall be controlled by the terms and conditions of these Official Rules and any of the other agreements referenced herein that the applicable Entrant may have entered into in connection with the Challenge. There shall be no authority for any claims to be arbitrated on a class or representative basis; arbitration can decide only the Entrant’s and/or Sponsor’s individual claims and the arbitrator may not consolidate or join the claims of other persons or parties who may be similarly situated. The arbitrator shall not have the power to award special or punitive damages against the Entrant or Released Parties. For more information on the Forum and/or the Forum's Code of Procedure, please visit their website at www.arb-forum.com. If any part of this Arbitration Provision is deemed to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, the balance of this Arbitration Provision shall remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with its terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
12. SPONSOR: Fox Sports Interactive Media, LLC, 12181 Bluff Creek Drive, Playa Vista, CA 90094.
13. ADMINISTRATOR: Creative Zing Promotion Group, 189 S. Orange Ave., Suite 1130A, Orlando, FL 32801.