2014 NFL Mock Draft, Version 1.0
MAR 06, 2014 3:07p ET
Editor's note: Fox Sports Ohio's Fred Greetham will do a mock draft every Thursday up until the draft takes place on Thurs. May 8. We will take a stab at prognosticating the first 26 picks since the Browns currently own the 4th and 26th picks in the first round. For a bonus feature, we will also list who the Browns might take in the second-round (35th overall). With over two months before the draft takes place and the entire free agency period, much will change, but here's how we see it now.
1. TEXANS-- Jadeveon Clowney, DE, South Carolina
2. RAMS-- Greg Robinson, OT, Auburn
3. JAGUARS-- Teddy Bridgewater, QB, Louisville
4. BROWNS-- Sammy Watkins, WR, Clemson --Browns can add the best play making WR opposite of Josh Gordon to give team immediate game breaking weapons. Rather than take a QB they don't feel is the 'franchise' guy, they add a big weapon for Brian Hoyer. This also adds insurance in case of a Gordon mishap along the way.
5. RAIDERS-- Johnny Manziel, QB, Texas A&M
6. FALCONS-- Jake Matthews, OT, Texas A&M
7. BUCCANEERS-- Khalil Mack, OLB, Buffalo
8. VIKINGS-- Blake Bortles, QB, Central Fla.
9. BILLS-- Mike Evans, WR, Texas A&M
10. LIONS-- Justin Gilbert, CB, Oklahoma St.
11. TITANS-- Anthony Barr, OLB, UCLA
12. GIANTS-- Taylor Lewan, OT Michigan
13. RAMS-- Darqueze Dennard, CB, Michigan St.
14. BEARS-- Timmy Jernigan, NT, Florida St.
15. STEELERS-- Aaron Donald, NT, Pittsburgh
16. COWBOYS-- Calvin Pryor, FS, Louisville
17. RAVENS-- Marqise Lee, WR, USC
18, JETS-- Eric Ebron, TE, North Carolina
19. DOLPHINS-- Zack Martin, OT, Notre Dame
20. CARDINALS-- Kony Ealy, DE, Missouri
21. PACKERS-- Louis Nix, NT, Notre Dame
22. EAGLES-- Hasean Clinton-Dix, FS, Alabama
23. CHIEFS-- Brandin Cooks, WR, Oregon St.
24. BENGALS-- Dee Ford, DE, Auburn
25. CHARGERS-- Kyle Fuller, CB, Virginia Tech
26. BROWNS-- C.J. Mosley, ILB, Alabama--Browns have void to fill with departure of D'Qwell Jackson to the Colts and Mosley is deemed the best on the inside. They might have to trade up to get him or take Wisconsin ILB Chris Borland. QB Derek Carr is in play here, but will come down to who fills the biggest need.
35. BROWNS-- Derek Carr, QB, Fresno St--Again, Carr might not be available at this pick, thus if the Browns want him they will have to move up to get him. If they use the 26 pick on Carr, they could take Borland here. If they want to go QB, watch for Jimmy Garoppolo from Eastern Illinois.
Sleeper pick at 35: RB Carlos Hyde, RB, Ohio St.
Send your thoughts, comments and feedback to Fred on Twitter @FredgreethamOBR