Diamondbacks announce details of Subway FanFest
JAN 24, 2014 5:39p ET
The Arizona Diamondbacks announced Friday details of the Subway D-backs FanFest set for Saturday, Feb. 8 at Chase Field.
After drawing more than 25,000 fans at FanFest last year, the Diamondbacks have expanded this year's event and will feature a variety of activities, including:
• D-backs home clubhouse tours
• Fans can hit in the batting cages and/or catch a fly ball on the field
• Player photo opportunities, courtesy of Smile Generation
• Question-and-answer sessions with D-backs players, coaches, broadcasters and alumni
• Arizona Diamondbacks Foundation Yard Sale
• Expanded D-backs Team Shop presence featuring additional D-backs merchandise and an enhanced silent auction. A limited number of exclusive Team Shop mystery grab bags will be available for purchase, including items such as tickets to Opening Day, D-bucks gift cards, autographed merchandise and game-used apparel.
• Sports card and memorabilia show
• @Dbacks Social Media Zone
• Family Fun Zone featuring speed pitch, T-ball and other interactive inflatables, presented by Cox Communications
• Wiffle ball fields featuring D-backs players, coaches and staff from the D-backs Baseball Academy, presented by Phoenix Children's Hospital
• Live broadcast on Arizona Sports 98.7 FM throughout the day
• FOX Sports Arizona and Sanderson Ford KidKaster auditions
• Sanderson Ford Cronista Infantil D-backs Spanish broadcast auditions for KSUN
• Kids activity area, including face painting and balloons courtesy of Banana Boat sunscreens
• Booth with information about national anthem singers, Rally-backs, Golden Glovers and D-backs Legends Racers tryouts
• The opportunity to sign up for Gila River Casinos' KachingKo promotion
• 2014 Chevrolet car exhibit with co-branded giveaway items for fans
The Diamondbacks players currently scheduled to attend are Chase Anderson, Archie Bradley, Charles Brewer, Trevor Cahill, Tony Campana, Eric Chavez, Josh Collmenter, Patrick Corbin, Randall Delgado, Paul Goldschmidt, Tuffy Gosewisch, Didi Gregorius, Will Harris, David Hernandez, Aaron Hill, Daniel Hudson, Jake Lamb, Brandon McCarthy, Wade Miley, Miguel Montero, Chris Owings, A.J. Pollock, J.J. Putz, Addison Reed, Matt Reynolds, Cody Ross, Matt Stites, Joe Thatcher, Mark Trumbo and Brad Ziegler.
Coaches expected to participate include manager Kirk Gibson, first-base coach Dave McKay, thid-base coach Glenn Sherlock, hitting coach Turner Ward and bench coach Alan Trammell. Broadcasters Bob Brenly and Steve Berthiaume of FOX Sports Arizona as well as Greg Schulte, Tom Candiotti, Jeff Munn, Rodrigo Lopez, Oscar Soria and Richard Saenz also will be in attendance, as will Luis Gonzalez and several other former D-backs players.
Fans will have the opportunity to purchase autograph session vouchers for $5, with proceeds benefiting the Arizona Diamondbacks Foundation. Fans may purchase a maximum of one table per session and two vouchers per table. Autograph session times are as follows:
Session A: 10:15-11:00 a.m. (season-ticket holders only)
Session B: 11:15 a.m-noon
Session C: 12:15-1 p.m.
Session D: 1:15-2 p.m.
Session E: 2:15-3 p.m.
Session F: 3:15-4 p.m.
Diamondbacks season-ticket holders will have the first opportunity to purchase autograph session vouchers online from 9 a.m.-6 p.m. on Thursday, Feb. 6. All D-backs Insider subscribers also will have a special online presale opportunity on Friday, Feb. 7 from 9 a.m.-6 p.m.. Fans can sign up for the D-backs Insider at www.dbacks.com/insider. Autograph session vouchers will go on sale to the public at 10 a.m. Saturday, Feb. 8 at the Chase Field box office. All autograph session vouchers purchased online can be picked up at Season Ticket Services Headquarters on the field.
The D-backs also will have an area in right-center field at Chase Field for kids 12 and under to receive free autographs from players, coaches and broadcasters during six sessions from 10:15 a.m.-4:15 p.m. Vouchers for each session will be distributed on a first-come, first-served basis 15 minutes prior to each respective autograph session in front of the Kids Autograph Area. Up to one parent can accompany each child in line.
The first 10,000 fans will receive a scratcher card with winning tickets for various prizes from the D-backs and Subway. In addition, the first 3,000 fans will receive a Subway cash card that is loaded with amounts ranging from $1-$100.
The @Dbacks Social Media Zone will provide a central hub for connecting fans with the team through online outlets such as Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Guests are encouraged to post throughout the event using the #DbacksFest hashtag. Fans can register for special text alerts leading up to the event by texting FANFEST to 76925.
For additional information regarding FanFest, visit dbacks.com/fanfest or call (602) 462-FEST.