Sue Paterno to talk to Couric
We may soon get some more information and a deeper look into the mess that was the Penn State football program in its later years under Joe Paterno. Or, we’ll just get the latest defense of the late football coach.
PENN STATE REPORT
- NCAA reveals Penn St. punishment
- Statue gone | Family reacts | Pics
- Nick Saban: Tax Penn State sports
- Paternoville to be renamed
- Paterno family rips Freeh report
- Artist covers halo on JoePa mural
- Penn State to renovate abuse areas
- Experts: JoePa could've faced charges
- Freeh Report: Penn St. ignored victims
- The complete Freeh Report (pdf)
Paterno’s widow, Sue Paterno, will sit down with Katie Couric for an on-air interview on Feb. 11, according to Couric's website. It will be Sue Paterno’s first interview since her late husband passed away more than a year ago. It will also be her first interview since the Penn State sex abuse scandal that sent former defensive coordinator Jerry Sandusky to prison.
Paterno was fired in November of 2011 after 46 seasons, days after Sandusky was arrested on child molestation charges. All of that led to crippling sanctions leveled against the Penn State football program.
It’s unlikely that Sue Paterno will give any sort of juicy details. The Paterno family has supported the former head coach throughout.
Couric is currently making the college football rounds apparently. She interviewed former Notre Dame linebacker Manti Te’o last week, his first sit-down interview since it was revealed that his girlfriend did not exist.