Initial 2011 Harris Poll released
The first Harris Interactive College Football Poll of the 2011 season was released on Sunday, and LSU sits on top with 2,813 points and 71 first-place votes.
COLLEGE FOOTBALL 2011
- Week 14: Scoreboard | Gallery
- Updated: BCS | AP | Coaches
- Pages: FX GOTW | TTT | Pereira
- Gallery: LSU vs. Alabama, Part I
- Gallery: It's Rivalry Week
- Gallery: Crazy CFB uniforms
- Gallery: Nebraska vs. Penn St.
- Gallery: It's Halloween time
- Gallery: CFB remembers 9/11
- Video: Highlights and interviews
- Latest updates: CFN | Scout | YB
Compiled from rankings by a panel of 115 former coaches, players and administrators, and current and former members of the media, the Harris Poll makes up 1/3 of the BCS rankings (with the coaches' poll and computer rankings making up the other 2/3).
Alabama gives the SEC a 1-2 punch with 2,728 points, good for second in the poll. Oklahoma, however, is close behind with 2,714 points. Rounding out the top five are Wisconsin and Boise State. Oregon is the highest-ranked one-loss team at No. 9.
The complete poll and be found here.