Petrino: Hogs' Davis won't play Saturday
FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. (AP)
COLLEGE FOOTBALL 2011
- Week 14: Scoreboard | Gallery
- Updated: BCS | AP | Coaches
- Pages: FX GOTW | TTT | Pereira
- Gallery: LSU vs. Alabama, Part I
- Gallery: It's Rivalry Week
- Gallery: Crazy CFB uniforms
- Gallery: Nebraska vs. Penn St.
- Gallery: It's Halloween time
- Gallery: CFB remembers 9/11
- Video: Highlights and interviews
- Latest updates: CFN | Scout | YB
Offensive coordinator Garrick McGee said Tuesday that Davis, who suffered what was described as a season-ending ankle injury in August, was practicing. Running backs coach Tim Horton said Davis was close to being ready to play.
Petrino says Davis has been practicing for ''around three weeks'' but hasn't been cleared to play. He says Davis still needs to have some ''hardware'' removed from his surgically repaired ankle
Davis rushed for 1,322 yards and 13 touchdowns last season for Arkansas (9-1, 5-1 Southeastern Conference), who hosts the Bulldogs (5-5, 1-5) in Little Rock's War Memorial Stadium on Saturday.