Purdue's Bade trades hoops for football
WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (AP)
Patrick Bade has switched from the Purdue men's basketball program to the school's football program.
COLLEGE FOOTBALL 2011
- Week 14: Scoreboard | Gallery
- Updated: BCS | AP | Coaches
- Pages: FX GOTW | TTT | Pereira
- Gallery: LSU vs. Alabama, Part I
- Gallery: It's Rivalry Week
- Gallery: Crazy CFB uniforms
- Gallery: Nebraska vs. Penn St.
- Gallery: It's Halloween time
- Gallery: CFB remembers 9/11
- Video: Highlights and interviews
- Latest updates: CFN | Scout | YB
The school announced the switch Wednesday.
Bade played in 58 basketball games for the Boilermakers over the last two seasons with four starts. The 6-foot-8, 230-pound Indianapolis native averaged 1.2 points and 1.6 rebounds per game, with career highs of 10 points and nine boards.
Bade did not play football as a senior in high school, but Purdue football coach Danny Hope said he viewed clips of when Bade played tight end as a junior and was impressed. Hope said Bade will be able to compete for playing time immediately because he plays a position where the team lacks experience.