Petrino's son arrested on drug charges
HUNTINGBURG, Ind. (AP)
COLLEGE FOOTBALL 2011
- Week 14: Scoreboard | Gallery
- Updated: BCS | AP | Coaches
- Pages: FX GOTW | TTT | Pereira
- Gallery: LSU vs. Alabama, Part I
- Gallery: It's Rivalry Week
- Gallery: Crazy CFB uniforms
- Gallery: Nebraska vs. Penn St.
- Gallery: It's Halloween time
- Gallery: CFB remembers 9/11
- Video: Highlights and interviews
- Latest updates: CFN | Scout | YB
The son of Arkansas football coach Bobby Petrino has been arrested in Indiana on drug-related charges.
The Huntingburg Police Department in southern Indiana said 23-year-old Dominic R. Petrino, of Fayetteville, Ark., was arrested at 12:06 a.m. Monday. He was charged with driving while intoxicated, possession of marijuana, illegal possession of prescription drugs and possession of paraphernalia.
An officer pulled Petrino over after reportedly seeing him drive off the road and then back onto the roadway. Police say a blood test showed the presence of marijuana and prescription opiates.
Petrino was booked into the Dubois County Jail and was released on $1,000 cash bond later Monday. A jail officer didn't know if he had an attorney.