FOX College Football Sweepstakes
Official Sweepstakes Rules
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. MAKING A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
The following promotion is intended for participants in the United States only and shall be construed and evaluated according to the laws of the United States. Do not proceed in this promotion if you are not a legal resident of the United States. Further eligibility restrictions are contained in the official rules below.
1. DESCRIPTION: NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. The “FOX College Football” Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes") begins on October 24, 2011 at 12:01 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends at 11:59 AM ET on November 20, 2011 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). The sponsor of this Sweepstakes is FOX Sports Interactive Media, LLC (“Sponsor”). The administrator of this Sweepstakes is Creative Zing Promotion Group ("Administrator").
2. ELIGIBILITY: VOID IN HAWAII AND ALASKA. Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the forty-eight (48) contiguous United States and Washington, DC who are at least eighteen (18) years of age and have reached the age of majority in their state of primary residence at the time of entry (“Entrant”). Each Entrant must be the rightful owner (or have authorized use) of the e-mail address identified in the Entrant's entry. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a winner, the winner will be deemed to be the natural person in whose name the e-mail account associated with the provided e-mail address was opened. Employees, shareholders, officers, directors, agents, and representatives of Sponsor and Administrator (collectively, “Sweepstakes Entities”) and each of their respective parent companies, affiliates, divisions, subsidiaries, agents, representatives and promotion and advertising agencies, together with the immediate family members and those living in the same household of such persons, are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes. Sweepstakes void in Hawaii, Alaska and where otherwise prohibited.
3. HOW TO ENTER: Entrants may participate in the Sweepstakes by visiting the Sweepstakes page located at http://msn.foxsports.com/collegefootball/page/College-football-Triumph-Tradition-and-Turmoil-event-page-081811 (“Sweepstakes Homepage”) and following the on-screen instructions to completely and accurately provide all of the requested registration information including: first name, last name, email address, zip code, and date of birth. Once registered, the Entrant will receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes. All entries must be received by 11:59 AM ET on November 11, 2011. Limit of one (1) entry per person/email address during the Sweepstakes Period. Entries generated by a script, macro or other automated means will be disqualified. Entrants must provide all information requested to be eligible to win. Incomplete, unreadable, or unintelligible entries will be disqualified. ELIGIBLE ENTRANTS MUST SUBMIT THEIR ENTRY IN ACCORDANCE WITH THESE OFFICIAL RULES. NO ALTERNATE FORM OF ENTRY WILL BE ACCEPTED. Participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes Entrant’s understanding of and full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules. Sweepstakes Entities reserve the right to disqualify any Entrant that they determine to be in violation of any term contained in these Official Rules. Sweepstakes Entities’ decision not to enforce a specific provision of these Official Rules does not constitute a waiver of that provision or of the Official Rules generally.
Grand Prize (1)
The Grand Prize winner will receive the following: a trip for the winner and one (1) guest to the Pac-12 Inaugural Championship Game (the “Championship Game”) on December 3, 2011 (the “Trip”). Grand Prize includes: (a.) round-trip coach class air transportation for the Grand Prize winner and his/her guest from the major airport nearest the Grand Prize Winner’s home (as determined by Sponsor) to the city of the Championship Game; (b.) three (3) nights’ accommodations (one (1) room, double occupancy); (c.) Five Hundred Dollars ($500.00) spending money; (d.) local ground transportation to/from airport/hotel and hotel/stadium; and (e.) two (2) admission tickets to the Championship Game. Approximate Retail Value ("ARV") of each Grand Prize: Three Thousand Two Hundred Dollars ($3200.00).
First Prize (4)
Each First Prize winner will receive the following: One (1) Kinect for Xbox 360 bundle (4GB) includes: one (1) XBOX 360 (4GB), one (1) XBOX Kinect & one (1) copy of Kinect Sports: Season Two ARV of each Runner Up Prize: Three Hundred Forty-Nine Dollars and Ninety-Eight Cents ($349.98).
Total Maximum Cumulative ARV: $4,599.92
Prize winners will be solely responsible for all federal, state and/or local taxes and for any other fees or costs associated with the prize. If the actual value of any prize is less than the ARV stated herein, the prize winner will NOT be entitled to a check, cash or other form of payment for the price difference. For tax reporting purposes, the Grand Prize winners must provide Sweepstakes Entities with a valid social security number before the prize will be awarded. An IRS Form 1099 may be issued in the name of the Grand Prize winners for the actual value of any prize received. Prize winners cannot assign or transfer the prize to another person. The prize cannot be redeemed for cash. No prize substitution is allowed except at the discretion of Sponsor. If a prize cannot be awarded due to circumstances beyond the control of Sponsor, a substitute prize of equal or greater retail value will be awarded. If prizes are awarded but unclaimed/forfeited by recipient, prize may not be re-awarded, in Sweepstakes Entities' sole discretion. Any depictions of prizes are for illustrative purposes only.
Travel must take place on dates designated by Sponsor. The dates of departure and return are subject to change at Sponsor’s sole discretion. All prize details are at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. If the Grand Prize winner is unable to participate in the Trip during the dates chosen by Sponsor, the Grand Prize will be forfeited in its entirety. In the event that the Championship Game listed in the Grand Prize description does not or cannot take place as scheduled or at all, for reasons included but not limited to scheduling conflicts, cancellations, postponement, or for any other reason, then assuming the Grand Prize winner is willing and able to travel on the dates chosen by Sponsor, in lieu of attending the Championship Game, the Grand Prize winner will receive the remaining components of the Grand Prize which shall constitute full satisfaction of Sponsor’s prize obligation to the Grand Prize winner, and no other or additional compensation will be awarded. Actual value of Grand Prize will depend on point of departure, any airfare fluctuations and seasonal pricing; any difference will not be awarded. Grand Prize winner and his/her guest must travel together on same itinerary for the Trip and are responsible for obtaining all necessary travel documents, including a valid photo ID. Grand Prize winner and guest agree to undertake the trip at their own risk. Guest must be of legal age of majority in his/her jurisdiction of residence (and at least 18), unless a Guest is the child or legal ward of the Grand Prize winner. All travel arrangements must be made through Sponsor’s agent. Airline for Grand Prize Trip will be selected by Sweepstakes Entities in their sole discretion. Airline carrier’s regulations and conditions apply. Once Trip dates have been booked, no changes, extensions or substitutions are permitted, except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen tickets or travel vouchers. Grand Prize winner is solely responsible for all costs, expenses, and incidentals associated with prize acceptance and use, including, but not limited to, additional ground transportation, meals, beverages, gratuities, phone calls, insurance, taxes, and any other expenses not specifically mentioned as being included. Once travel commences, no unscheduled stopovers are permitted; if an unscheduled stopover occurs, full airfare will be charged to the Grand Prize winner from stopover point for the remaining segments, including return, of the trip. Sweepstakes Entities are not liable for any expenses incurred as a consequence of flight cancellation/delay. Trip may not be combined with any other offer and travel may not qualify for frequent flyer miles.
5. ODDS OF WINNING: Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received.
6. WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION: Winners will be selected in a random drawing conducted by the Administrator from among all eligible entries received, on or about November 25, 2011. The potential Winners will be notified by email and/or telephone within approximately five (5) days of the aforementioned drawing date. The Sweepstakes Entities shall have no liability for any such notification that is lost, intercepted, or not received by a potential Winner. The potential Winners must be able to receive telephone calls from an unlisted and/or blocked number. Messages may not be left. Administrator reserves the right to disqualify anyone not fully complying with the Official Rules. Winners will be required to respond (as directed) to the notification within seventy-two (72) hours of first attempted notification. The failure to respond timely to the notification may result in forfeiture of the prize and, in such case, Administrator will randomly select an alternate Winner from the remaining eligible entries, time permitting. Winners may be required to verify address and return within five (5) days an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release covering eligibility, liability, advertising, publicity and media appearance issues, unless prohibited by law. Failure of a Winner to return the executed affidavit and release forms within the specified time period may result in forfeiture of the prize and selection of an alternate Winner from the remaining eligible entries for that prize. The Grand Prize Winner’s guest must complete a travel guest liability/publicity release prior to the Trip. Grand Prize Winner’s guest must be the age of majority in his or her state of residency or Grand Prize Winner must be guest’s parent or legal guardian and must complete and return all releases on behalf of minor. Prize will not be awarded until all such properly executed forms are returned. The Grand Prize Winner must provide Sponsor with a valid social security number before the Grand Prize will be awarded for tax reporting purposes. Winner will receive an IRS Form 1099 from the Sponsor for the actual retail value of the Grand Prize in the calendar year in which the prize was fulfilled. If a prize is awarded but goes unclaimed or is forfeited by recipient, such prize may not be re-awarded, in Sweepstakes Entities’ sole discretion. Limit one (1) prize per household.
7. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION/RELEASES: Sweepstakes is void where prohibited or restricted by law. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. By participating, each Entrant agrees to be bound by these Official Sweepstakes Rules and the decisions of the Sweepstakes Entities, which shall be final in all respects. By participating in this Sweepstakes and/or by accepting any prize that they may win, each Entrant agrees to release and indemnify the Sweepstakes Entities; each of their respective parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, units and divisions and advertising and promotional agencies and prize suppliers; each of their respective officers, directors, agents, representatives and employees; and each of these companies and individuals' respective successors, representatives and assigns (collectively, the "Released Parties") from any and all actions, claims, injury, loss or damage arising in any manner, directly or indirectly, from participation in this Sweepstakes and/or acceptance, use, or misuse of any prize. Each Entrant, as a condition of receiving a prize, authorizes the Sponsor and its designees to use his/her name, voice, likeness, biographical data, city and state of residence in programming or promotional material, throughout the universe in perpetuity, or on a winner's list, if applicable, without further compensation unless prohibited by law. By entering the Sweepstakes, Entrants agree that: (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Sweepstakes, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Sweepstakes, but in no event will Entrant’s attorneys’ fees be awarded or recoverable; and (3) under no circumstances will any Entrant be permitted to obtain any award for, and Entrant hereby knowingly and expressly waives all rights to seek, punitive, incidental or consequential damages and/or any other damages, other than actual out-of-pocket expenses, and/or any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. The Released Parties shall not be liable for: (i) late, lost, delayed, stolen, misdirected, postage-due, incomplete, unreadable, inaccurate, garbled or unintelligible entries, communications or affidavits, regardless of the method of transmission; (ii) telephone system, telephone or computer hardware, software or other technical or computer malfunctions, lost connections, disconnections, delays or transmission errors; (iii) data corruption, theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alteration of entry or other materials; (iv) any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by the prize or resulting from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of a prize, or from participation in the Sweepstakes; (v) the Entrant’s claim that he or she has somehow been defamed or portrayed in a false light or (vi) any printing, typographical, human administrative or technological errors in any materials associated with the Sweepstakes. Sweepstakes Entities assume no responsibility for any damage to an Entrant’s computer system, which is occasioned by accessing the Website, or participating in the Sweepstakes, or for any computer system, phone line, hardware, software or program malfunctions, or other errors, failures, delayed computer transmissions or network connections that are human or technical in nature, or for the incorrect or inaccurate capture of information, or the failure to capture any information. Sweepstakes Entities reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes (or any portion of the Sweepstakes) should a virus, bug, computer problem, unauthorized intervention or other cause or problem corrupt or inhibit the administration, security or proper play of the Sweepstakes and, in such situation, to select the winner from eligible non-suspect entries received prior to and/or after such action or in such manner as deemed fair and appropriate by the Sweepstakes Entities. Sweepstakes Entities may prohibit you from participating in the Sweepstakes or winning a prize if, in their sole discretion, they determine you are attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by cheating, hacking, deception, or any other unfair playing practices of intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other Entrants or Sweepstakes Entities representatives. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION FROM PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY FEES) TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
8. GOVERNING LAW: ALL ISSUES AND QUESTIONS CONCERNING THE CONSTRUCTION, VALIDITY, INTERPRETATION AND ENFORCEABILITY OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES, OR THE RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS OF ENTRANTS OR THE SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES IN CONNECTION WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES OR IN CONNECTION WITH ANY SUBMISSION OR OTHER MATERIAL SUBMITTED IN CONNECTION WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES, SHALL BE GOVERNED BY AND CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE INTERNAL LAWS OF THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA WITHOUT GIVING EFFECT TO ANY CHOICE OF LAW OF CONFLICT OF LAW RULES OR PROVISIONS THAT WOULD CAUSE THE APPLICATION OF ANY OTHER STATE’S LAWS. THE INVALIDITY OR UNENFORCEABILITY OF ANY PROVISION OF THESE RULES SHALL NOT AFFECT THE VALIDITY OR ENFORCEABILITY OF ANY OTHER PROVISION. IN THE EVENT THAT ANY PROVISION IS DETERMINED TO BE INVALID OR OTHERWISE UNENFORCEABLE OR ILLEGAL, THESE RULES SHALL OTHERWISE REMAIN IN EFFECT AND SHALL BE CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THEIR TERMS AS IF THE INVALID OR ILLEGAL PROVISION WERE NOT CONTAINED HEREIN.
IN NO EVENT WILL THE SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES, THEIR PARENT, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES AND RELATED COMPANIES, THEIR ADVERTISING OR PROMOTION AGENCIES, WEB MASTERS/SUPPLIERS, VENDORS, CONTRACTORS OR THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF ENTRANT’S IN THE SWEEPSTAKES. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, ALL PRIZES, THE WEBSITE AND THE SWEEPSTAKES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS,” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AND THE SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES HEREBY EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE RIGHT IS RESERVED TO SEEK DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW.
10. SPONSOR: Fox Sports Interactive Media, LLC, 12181 Bluff Creek Drive, 3rd Floor, Los Angeles, CA 90094.
11. ADMINISTRATOR: Creative Zing Promotion Group, 189 South Orange Ave., Suite 1130A, Orlando, FL 32801.
12. Prize Winner List: For the names of the prize winners, or a copy of these official rules, mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: “Pac 12” Sweepstakes Winner's List or Rules, 189 South Orange Ave., Suite 1130A, Orlando, FL 32801 (VT Residents may omit return postage) by January 20, 2012.