Stabbing ends Syracuse event early
A man was stabbed at the Carrier Dome during Syracuse's Orange Madness event on Friday, ending the traditional opening basketball event early.
WANT SEXIER SPORTS?
- See Miesha Tate's sexy cover
- Model dating another SEC QB?
- Paulina Gretzky's top is on firrrrrre!
- US soccer stars rock sexy costumes
- Cheerleaders site hacked by porn
- Kanye saved Khloe-Lamar marriage?
- SF residents call Nike, get phone sex
- Gronk offers his services to the ladies
- MLB helps Kanye, Kim K hook up
The 25-year-old man was taken to Upstate University Hospital in stable condition, The Post-Standard reported. The stabbing occurred around 9:30 p.m. in the concourse area near the concession stands, as did other fights, a Syracuse police spokesman said.
The victim has not cooperated with police and no suspects were in custody early Saturday.
After the stabbing, police and university officials ended the free event about half an hour early.
Syracuse University Chancellor Nancy Cantor and Athletic Director Daryl Gross later issued a statement Saturday:
"We were saddened to learn of the incident at the Dome last night. There is no place and no tolerance for anything like this, and future Orange Madness events will be designed to prevent incidents such as this."
Police said no one involved in the various altercations was believed to be a Syracuse University student or associated with the school.