CFB AM: Ranking the Top 5 summer videos from Alabama players
JUL 30, 2014 9:00a ET
The days to fall camp have dwindled to their final few.
Some teams begin practice this week, such as Georgia (Friday).
Others, like Alabama, crank it up next week.
In the meantime, there’s still some fun things from the offseason to sort through, like social media videos posted by players who have no idea how to spend their time when nobody’s demanding they arrive ready to lift by 6 a.m.
Crimson Tide players have been kind enough to share some of the ways they’ve spent their offseason days. Let’s rank the five best moments from their Instagram accounts.
5. Freshman QB sinks full-court basketball throw
Pretty impressive effort by David Cornwell, but it can’t go higher than No. 5 given it took a second throw to nail and has been done countless times by exceedingly average individuals.
4. It ain’t quite Barkley, but it ain’t good either
Blake Sims … what is this? Because it’s not a golf swing.
3. Don’t challenge Amari Cooper to a street race
Bad things happen.
2. Christian Miller jumped off a cliff
It’s not No. 2 because of the cliff itself, which isn’t so high that it’s truly amazing. Miller gets extra credit for the multiple camera angles and the production effort.
1. Derrick Henry goes Bane in gym
This isn’t a video, but the picture is so amazing – isn’t this specifically how you’d imagine a physical specimen like Henry would spend his offseason? – it’s an easy No. 1 for me.
THREE THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
1. The Big Ten Media Days are a wrap, which means media season is done and we are almost ready for fall camp. Couple links before we go: Kevin Trahan and Pete Volk write about an East Coast recruiting war involving Penn State, and Brian Hamilton writes about Nebraska coach Bo Pelini and how he’s changing the public perception of him this offseason.
2. The NCAA agreed to settle concussion lawsuits by doling out $75 million for medical research. Kevin Vaughn has the details here if you’re interested in more.
THREE THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW
2. Outkick the Coverage has a great oral history of the night Lane Kiffin left Tennesee. It’s well worth the time.
THREE THINGS YOU MAY WANT TO KNOW
1. Bruce Feldman ranks the Top 10 offensive assistants who will be hot names for head coaching jobs when the carousel spins again this fall.
Maybe Alabama fans won’t be able to stomach this, but everyone else can: Auburn has an awesome hype video for the 2014 season. I got chills watching the ‘Kick Six’ again and listening to Jordan-Hare explode as Chris Davis burst down the left sideline.
Have a good Wednesdsay, all.
Teddy Mitrosilis is an editor and writer for FOXSports.com. Follow him on Twitter @TMitrosilis and email him at firstname.lastname@example.org.