In the meantime, there’s still some fun things from the offseason to sort through, like social media videos posted by players who have no idea how to spend their time when nobody’s demanding they arrive ready to lift by 6 a.m.
Crimson Tide players have been kind enough to share some of the ways they’ve spent their offseason days. Let’s rank the five best moments from their Instagram accounts.
5. Freshman QB sinks full-court basketball throw
Pretty impressive effort by David Cornwell, but it can’t go higher than No. 5 given it took a second throw to nail and has been done countless times by exceedingly average individuals.
4. It ain’t quite Barkley, but it ain’t good either
Blake Sims … what is this? Because it’s not a golf swing.
3. Don’t challenge Amari Cooper to a street race
Bad things happen.
2. Christian Miller jumped off a cliff
It’s not No. 2 because of the cliff itself, which isn’t so high that it’s truly amazing. Miller gets extra credit for the multiple camera angles and the production effort.
1. Derrick Henry goes Bane in gym
This isn’t a video, but the picture is so amazing – isn’t this specifically how you’d imagine a physical specimen like Henry would spend his offseason? – it’s an easy No. 1 for me.
If you want more Bama player videos, we also did a spring edition, where Nick Perry still holds the title for bravest thing done this offseason -- stand in against an attack dog.
3. A Kentucky legend who played football for Bear Bryant, basketball for Adolph Rupp and won a gold medal on the U.S. men’s hoops team at the 1948 London Olympics passed away the other day.
Maybe Alabama fans won’t be able to stomach this, but everyone else can: Auburn has an awesome hype video for the 2014 season. I got chills watching the ‘Kick Six’ again and listening to Jordan-Hare explode as Chris Davis burst down the left sideline.