Say what? Get the answers to our sports quote quiz
FEB 05, 2014 9:45a ET
Had your coffee? Closed your search browser? Good.
Check your answers below:
OK, here we go:
1. “Shout out to George Orwell for writing ‘Animal Farm’. One of the dopest books I've ever read. U got pigs walking up right windmills n more!”
Indiana Pacers center Roy Hibbert, who uses Twitter as an outlet for his literary reviews.
2. “It is my hope that the school district will excuse absences for students who want to join their family during the #celebrate48 events”
While the East Coast and much of the country are experiencing snow days, Seattle mayor Ed Murray wants kids in his city to have off for the Seahawks’ Super Bowl parade.
3. "I am not worried, I don't think too much about the issue. I am here to concentrate on my sport."
With everything going on in Sochi, Austrian skeleton pilot Janine Flock is not worried about her country getting a kidnap threat on the eve of the Olympics.
4. “I have to give him credit. Without him doing what he did back in the ’90s to force regulation, this sport would be dead. It wouldn’t exist. Honestly, for all the negatives he caused, he actually allowed the sport to foster and grow.”
UFC CEO Lorenzo Fertitta speaking about Sen. John McCain, who now is a proponent of the sport and wants to make it safer for the athletes.
5. “Our goal is to be more effective, fair and transparent… It’s never our intent to penalize, but in order to keep the playing field fair for everyone, we recognize that strong rules need to be in place. We certainly believe we’ve done a good job governing the sport in the past, but always believe we can get better.”
Steve O’Donnell, NASCAR’s executive vice president, explains the overhaul to his sport’s penalty system and how it will work.