The best of the Internet, plus musings by SI.com writer, Jimmy Traina.
1. LeBron James has once again put his money where his mouth is. In the past, his foundation has helped sponsor full scholarships for 1,100 kids to attend the University of Akron, to the tune of $41 million. He’s donated $2.5 million to the Muhammad Ali exhibit at the Smithsonian. And while most people hated “The Decision,” it put $2.5 million in the hands of the Boys & Grils Club of America. Now, King James announced Tuesday he is teaming with Akron Public Schools to open a school for at-risk children in third and fourth grade. Hate him all you want on the court, but give him the proper respect off it.
2. Happy National Grilled Cheese Day. Naturally, Blue Jays reliever, Jason Grilli, is making this all about him.
3. Sergio Garcia’s Masters’ win made one man a lot of money, according to Bovada.lv. According to the gambling website, one crazy smart guy parlayed Garcia’s victory at Augusta with Rickie Fowler’s win at the Honda Classic in late February. The result was a $41,773 win.
Check out this unbelievable parlay from one of our players!⛳️ He wagered $60 to win $41,773!💰 What's your biggest payout!? pic.twitter.com/EnJyPgy4Oo
A post shared by Noah Syndergaard (@nsyndergaard) on
6. I received a tweet from someone on Tuesday asking where the Howard Stern and Mike Francesa coverage has been in “Traina Thoughts.” I have no idea if he was being serious or sarcastic, but here is a vintage clip of the Stern and Francesa worlds colliding. Sour Shoes, who has killed it all week on the Stern Show, called Francesa on Monday as Gary Dell’Abate. Or course, Francesa didn’t know it was Sour Shoes right away, but claimed he did.
8. We’ve been telling you all week that WWE is dealing with a controversy involving SmackDown Live announcer, John Layfield Bradshaw, who has been accused of bullying by several wrestlers and announcers. Fans have clearly taken a side as a “ Fire Bradshaw” chant broke out during Tuesday’s SmackDown Live show.