Daily Buzz: Tiger's beef with former caddy comes to a boil
MAR 11, 2014 7:32p ET
Just when you thought the drama between Tiger Woods and his former caddy Steve Williams was a thing in the past, Williams brought the simmering feud back up to a boil with some recent comments made to FOX Sports Australia.
In an appearance on "The Golf Show" Tuesday night, Williams said he and his former boss still have some issues to work through, despite previously indicating that everything is hunky-dory between the pair.
"I haven't sorted anything out with him," Williams said, according to the New Zealand Herald. "There's been a lot of ... this, that and the other ... but the hatchet hasn't been buried.
"It's just personal things and a difference of opinions on how things went down ... and I need to sort that out with him."
Williams, who is now on the bag for world No. 2 and 2013 Masters champion Adam Scott, also took a shot at the world No. 1 Woods' dwindling mental edge on the course in the five-plus years since his last major championship.
"Guys are coming along ... and they expect to win [because Tiger] has no intimidation factor anymore," Williams said. "I always felt that was a big thing that guys were intimidated by him ... [but] there's no intimidation factor any more, and that counts a lot."
One can't help but feel like Williams is kicking Tiger while he's down — if $8.5 million in earnings in just 16 events last year is "down" — but Woods knows as well as anyone that another major win will be more than enough to keep Williams at bay. The first round of the Masters begins April 10.
Now, for some links:
• D-III Colby College has the best bench celebrations in basketball:
• Bet this guy's mom is proud:
• Ron Washington once paid a $200 fine with 20,000 pennies.
• Michael Vick reportedly thinks he is headed to the Jets.
• Shaq says he spends $1,000 a week on apps:
• Texas Tech is practicing with helmets that have cameras in them:
• The Nkemdiche brothers have filed a counter-suit against a man who accused them of beating him outside of a frat house.
• Barry Bonds sold his Beverly Hills mansion for a cool $22 million.
• Wilson takes you inside "glove day" with the Red Sox:
• Babe Ruth's daughter looks back on her father's accomplishments.
• Sales of the Lehigh Valley Iron Pigs' bacon-themed gear are sizzling.
• Devin Hester says he's the NFL's best all-around player.
• Just two months after breaking his leg at UFC 168, Anderson Silva is already kicking:
• Watch Justin Bieber pretend to be good at basketball:
• Fran Tarkenton says Johnny Manziel is the closest thing to himself in football today.
• The guy who won the Iditarod didn't realize he had won.
• Case Keenum wants Kliff Kingsbury to be the next Bachelor:
• This robot is probably better at ping-pong than you:
• An OHL player has been missing for more than a week.
• Manny Machado called his $519K contract "disappointing."
• The White House made good on its Olympic beer bet with Canada:
• Karl Malone has a flip phone: