Boxing

Mosley fight vs Mundine not happening

Share This Story

   
 

SYDNEY (AP)

Backers for Shane Mosley say the American boxer has withdrawn from his scheduled bout with Anthony Mundine in Sydney on Wednesday due to a contract dispute.

Golden Boy Promotions CEO Richard Schaefer issued a statement from Los Angeles saying ''we have no choice but to protect our fighter'' because terms of the contract had not been met.

The official weigh-in was scheduled for Tuesday afternoon in Sydney, but local media reported Mosley had already been spotted at the airport and Golden Boy Promotions says ''boxing superstar Sugar Shane Mosley will instead be going home.''

In a statement, Mosley said: ''I'm very disappointed with this turn of events because I was planning on making a big statement by beating Mundine, but I was left with no choice but to withdraw.''

Related Stories

Member Comments

Please note by clicking on "Post comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Use and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be Polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator.

powered by



Boxing Videos

In Focus: The man trying to save USA Boxing Posted: Jul 12, 2012
From TV tycoon to friend of USA Boxing. Laura Okmin learns how one man is hoping...

Remarkable Moments: Torchbearers Posted: Jul 20, 2012
Peter Schrager on two remarkable moments with Olympic Torchbearers.

Roundtable: How to handle the media Posted: Jul 15, 2012
Maurice Greene, Bryan Clay and Amy Van Dyken discuss how media impacts Olympic a...

Fox Sports Store